End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

JSTJPN

Thardy is probably the voice of reason we should all kind of listen to.

I'll be the first to admit that I talk a mean line of shit but my body can't cash the checks my mouth writes anymore!

Young enought to want to keep doing I'll advised shit, old enough to be forced to listen to my body telling me "no friggin way man!"

I know that feeling. The mind says you got this but the body says you gonna pay if you do. Lol

I know that feeling. The mind says you got this but the body says you gonna pay if you do. Lol

And yet I keep trying....when do we become old enough to learn!

Oh, BTW (before I get anyone thinking I'm stupid enough to still drink and drive) I DO NOT condone drinking and wheeling, driving, operating heavy machinery or using firearms.

hhunter050

Oh, BTW (before I get anyone thinking I'm stupid enough to still drink and drive) I DO NOT condone drinking and wheeling, driving, operating heavy machinery or using firearms.

Lol good call. Definitely don't want the WOL admin on your ass

Lol good call. Definitely don't want the WOL admin on your ass

While I don't want to be on any WOL admin bad side, it really wasn't said for them. It's just reality. Probably safe to say that we've all done some pretty dumb shit and lived to tell about it, but I don't do that anymore. And I realize the stupidity of my early days. Made for some great memories and some stories, but not worth it in the long run. There's plenty of fun in life without adding enhancers.

Thanks for bearing with my soap box moment.

Party on Garth!

JSTJPN

Like the old saying goes: you are old when you quit having fun. From your profile dates from when you were on 46's I would say we are about the same age. Don't know about you but I ain't slowing down too much yet.

No drinking and driving just good clean fun and laughing at hhunter and grubicon. They are the young bucks.

thardy

Banned
Yeah sorry guys! Not a fan of late night shenanigans involving autos. Now if we want to stay up drinking at a local watering hole near the hotel, I'm good with a hangover riding back home on Sunday!

JSTJPN

Yeah sorry guys! Not a fan of late night shenanigans involving autos. Now if we want to stay up drinking at a local watering hole near the hotel, I'm good with a hangover riding back home on Sunday!

No worries Trevor. We are just having fun and talking crap. I am pretty sure we wouldn't let any of our fellow jeepers do anything stupid like that.

thardy

Banned
No worries Trevor. We are just having fun and talking crap. I am pretty sure we wouldn't let any of our fellow jeepers do anything stupid like that.

Oh I know, but one of those where it needs to be said either way. Just to protect our ass.

Totally agree!

Back on point, I'm planning on traveling on Thursday and being bight eyed and bushy tailed on Friday. When do you guys think you'll be ready to hit the trails? Also, anyone else coming from northeast on Thurs who want to caravan, let's start thinking about it. I'm coming from Delaware. Wilmington area.

thardy

Banned
I'm guessing that Grubbicon and I will arrive mid afternoon on Friday. Probably get the Jeep unloaded and check in to the hotel, then find a spot to meet everyone for some dinner and head to the trail after that. At least that's my thought right now.

thardy

Banned
Frogmech and those of you that will be there Thursday or live up there, find a place for us to meet up Friday evening for some grub!

JSTJPN

Define late. Wil you be up for the night ride?

It all depends on if the fam comes with. If they come then around 10. If they don't then I will be there just after lunch. The kids start back to school that Thursday so waiting on the boss to make up her mind.

Frogmech and those of you that will be there Thursday or live up there, find a place for us to meet up Friday evening for some grub!

I'll scout about. What do you think the head count on Friday will be? I'll try to scout a place that can handle a large group. Bear in mind I've never been there so anyone who lives close and can recommend places...I'm all ears.

thardy

Banned
I'll scout about. What do you think the head count on Friday will be? I'll try to scout a place that can handle a large group. Bear in mind I've never been there so anyone who lives close and can recommend places...I'm all ears.

We'll have to see as we get closer. Typically head counts on events like this will fluctuate a good bit as we get closer.

It all depends on if the fam comes with. If they come then around 10. If they don't then I will be there just after lunch. The kids start back to school that Thursday so waiting on the boss to make up her mind.

I hope they come. This is the kind of fun the whole family can enjoy.

I'm even bringing my dog!

Top Bottom