Enforcers Unite!

Never got a chance to flex it out and measure. Knowing that the enforcer coils will fit the 331/332. I think they may unseat in the rear with the rockstars. So I'm gonna switch out my front 329 for the 331, and keep the 330 for the rear with the rockstars. The 9k's have the hard plastic boot on the rear, was gonna make it difficult to get an accurate measurement.
Gotcha. Thats what im running with mine. Minus the red plastic boot.

devonn216

Never got a chance to flex it out and measure. Knowing that the enforcer coils will fit the 331/332. I think they may unseat in the rear with the rockstars. So I'm gonna switch out my front 329 for the 331, and keep the 330 for the rear with the rockstars. The 9k's have the hard plastic boot on the rear, was gonna make it difficult to get an accurate measurement.

Can you explain? I'm not sure what the problem is with the Rockstars. I just ordered the Enforcer with the 331/332s so I want to make sure I know all the ins and outs.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Can you explain? I'm not sure what the problem is with the Rockstars. I just ordered the Enforcer with the 331/332s so I want to make sure I know all the ins and outs.

The rockstars raise the shock mount up 1.5". You will be fine with those ranchos you ordered. The extra 1.5" will not be enough to unseat the coil

chipper

The rockstars raise the shock mount up 1.5". You will be fine with those ranchos you ordered. The extra 1.5" will not be enough to unseat the coil

Do you think the longer shock will bottom out with the rockstars? That was my main issue. Haven't had a chance to measure to see how much is left.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Do you think the longer shock will bottom out with the rockstars? That was my main issue. Haven't had a chance to measure to see how much is left.

Nope. They way to make sure that they will not is to measure the distance you have between your bumpstops then measure the amount of exposed shock. If your bumpstop gap is 3" and your exposed shock length is 5" for example your golden. If your exposed shock is less than 4.5" then you may bottom it out before you hit your bumpstop

chipper

Ok thanks. I'm gonna have to measure it up before I commit. Rancho promo still on till the end of next month. Luckily Dirtfoot has this set up. So I'll be able to measure.

Nope. They way to make sure that they will not is to measure the distance you have between your bumpstops then measure the amount of exposed shock. If your bumpstop gap is 3" and your exposed shock length is 5" for example your golden. If your exposed shock is less than 4.5" then you may bottom it out before you hit your bumpstop
I think it will be damn close. Im running the 330 w 3" bumps and have about 1/2" of shock shaft showing at full stuff with the rock stars mounted. Im sure you can get them to work by adding bump, but then your losing the wheel travel you just gained with the rock stars right?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think it will be damn close. Im running the 330 w 3" bumps and have about 1/2" of shock shaft showing at full stuff with the rock stars mounted. Im sure you can get them to work by adding bump, but then your losing the wheel travel you just gained with the rock stars right?

You really wouldn't be loosing travel because they don't help with up travel, they help more with down travel.

You really wouldn't be loosing travel because they don't help with up travel, they help more with down travel.
They do only add down travel yes. But by having to add bump to go up in shock length, your still negating any gain in overall wheel travel i would think. I guess i just dont see where the benefit of switching shocks is if you cant take advantage of the full shock stroke, especially if you already own 330 ranchos.

chipper

Update : just measured to see if the rockstars would fit on the 3" enforcer with rancho 9k shocks (332).
The answer is NO. At least not with Dirtfoots setup.
We have determined that the combination of the rancho 332 and the rockstars will unseat the springs at full droop and bottom out the shock at full stuff.
With shock attached at full droop. Rear spring is still tight. We Removed the shock from bottom mount to gain the additional 2" that the rockstars will provide and noticed that the spring becomes loose after only 1".
There was only 1.5" of remaining up travel in the shock at full stuff.

So in my opinion the best 3" enforcer and rancho 9k combination is the front 331 and rear 330 with the rockstars.

Last edited:

SDHobbs

I tested out my 3" Enforcer lift over the weekend. Cleghorn trail in SoCal. It did great! Ate up all the rutted out sections and off camber parts, love this kit!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464899141.856764.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464899155.151772.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464899179.406193.jpg

Top Bottom