Factory softop or trektop?

JAGS

Hooked
so i took the rear window and sides out all good till i hit 60 on freeway then top started making a hell of a racket--i think its snapping on the sound bar.. what to do?...all straps and such are tight...

Turn up the radio? 😉

Rayz

Turn up the radio? 

lol! i do that for most things ! it's a little beyond that...:yup: i think i'm going to wedge a foam block in there just to see..problem is i'm 15 miles to the freeway...makes fore long test drive..;)

I had the Trek Top NX on my mom's JKUR for a couple weeks but we really wanted something that would fold all the way down in just a few minutes. SO in return, we sent it back to Best Top and ordered a Premium OEM soft top from a dealership, it looks nice and is easy to get up and down, if you know what your doing :thumb:

Ok im bumping this up, and maybe eating my words a bit. My jeep came w a hardtop, which i sold and got a trektop. I love it, but with two kiddos, the decreased storage space is starting to become a pain. Thinking about splitting the difference and going with the factory soft top w/sunrider... thoughts?

Napalm

Ok im bumping this up, and maybe eating my words a bit. My jeep came w a hardtop, which i sold and got a trektop. I love it, but with two kiddos, the decreased storage space is starting to become a pain. Thinking about splitting the difference and going with the factory soft top w/sunrider... thoughts?

I made this swap for the same reasons and found myself regretting it. I found that the storage gained was not worth the top change! I found myself missing the unique look of the Trektop.

Although, sometimes I miss how easy it is to pull off the full top as easy as it is with a factory top.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I had a trektop on my last jk, I went to a supertop on this one because of your concerns. I miss the look of the truck top but I love the extra storage and when the dog is in the back and keep the sun off him.

I made this swap for the same reasons and found myself regretting it. I found that the storage gained was not worth the top change! I found myself missing the unique look of the Trektop.

Although, sometimes I miss how easy it is to pull off the full top as easy as it is with a factory top.

Im no so worried about the look. the trektop is definately sporty, but so many people run it now, i wouldnt mind the rugged look of the "old school" top lol.

Napalm

Im no so worried about the look. the trektop is definately sporty, but so many people run it now, i wouldnt mind the rugged look of the "old school" top lol.

I understand! I have someone here locally wanting to do a straight up swap for a brand new soft top, but I can't make up my mind!

Will the factory softtop work with my trektop door surrounds, tailgate bar ect...?

As far as I know, it will not. The door surrounds are different requiring different snap ins on the standard soft top.

jeepnjoe

Next year I am going the trek top nx route. I have seen it on a Jeep my color, it gives the Jeep a more aggressive look and I also like how it can function as a bikini top.

Top Bottom