• Nemesis Notorious

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Poison Spyder Crusher

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • Bushwacker Flats

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

Bootman83

Just a few more from the evening hours, or AM depending on where u are.

Attachments

• photo-79.JPG
    photo-79.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 192
  • photo-78.JPG
    photo-78.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 195
  • photo-77.JPG
    photo-77.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 187
  • photo-76.JPG
    photo-76.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 194

Bootman83

Here are a few from this AM w/camera phone.

Attachments

• photo-86.jpg
    photo-86.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 173
  • fender front.jpg
    fender front.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 173
  • photo-83.JPG
    photo-83.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 180

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hahaha your post was funny! Glad you were able to get it done! It looks really good! This is on my list as well when I decide to do the 35's

Sent from my iPhone

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That was way to much to read but it seriously took you 12 hours? Damn!

Next time just cut and don't measure. It can't turn out too bad. :thumb:

Bootman83

That was way to much to read but it seriously took you 12 hours? Damn!

Next time just cut and don't measure. It can't turn out too bad. :thumb:

Haha, yeah…Well 11 if you want to get technical, give me an hour for dinner. Not sure if they'll be a next time…but I do have the rear to do. So we'll see.

Hahaha your post was funny! Glad you were able to get it done! It looks really good! This is on my list as well when I decide to do the 35's

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks! Yeah, I'm happy to have got it done. I was worried about the gap making my tires look small. I think its proportional tho and like it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Haha, yeah…Well 11 if you want to get technical, give me an hour for dinner. Not sure if they'll be a next time…but I do have the rear to do. So we'll see.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm happy to have got it done. I was worried about the gap making my tires look small. I think its proportional tho and like it.

That was only the fronts? Man I feel bad for you. That's dedication! I would have given up after a few hours. Or ran no fenders. Lol.

(It took me 3 weeks to install my lift so don't feel bad. :thumb)

Bootman83

That was only the fronts? Man I feel bad for you. That's dedication! I would have given up after a few hours. Or ran no fenders. Lol.

(It took me 3 weeks to install my lift so don't feel bad. :thumb)

Haha. Yeah. I was hell bent on finishing it. Most of the delay was not having the right tool for the job to start. But I did exchange that 80 dollar cordless dremel for the 40 dollar corded one today. So when I dive into doing the backs it shouldn't be as bad. Plus I don't think the back has that damn substructure which took me an additional hour to get thru bc I used a handsaw for most of it. Haha.

Dude by far a jigsaw is the easiest fastest cut I believe. Would have saved you a ton of time. Just follow the straight line of the tape. Use a light sand paper to clean the edges. But regardless. They look good man. Nice job. Now on to the rears. Good luck man.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Dude by far a jigsaw is the easiest fastest cut I believe. Would have saved you a ton of time. Just follow the straight line of the tape. Use a light sand paper to clean the edges. But regardless. They look good man. Nice job. Now on to the rears. Good luck man.

I used a jig saw with no tape. Pretty easy and came out nice. Used a belt sander to clean the edges and then put the door trim on to make it cleaner.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371226383.846588.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've done it both ways, with a jig saw and with a dremel. The prior will be a lot faster and the later will give you more precision cuts. If you belt sand afterwards, a jig saw would be fine to use.

Bootman83

Yeah. This whole thing is new to me so I just went with the dremel since I thought it'd be the most precise. I don't have a ton of power tools and didn't want to spend 500 bucks to get a crap load of tools. Ill definitely be adding to my tools as I go along tho! Def need to work on the rears. I haven't gone out to look closely at them but I believe they should be slightly easier. No substructure no light install. So that right there makes it a bit quicker.

I would use the rubber paint or plasti dip stuff to paint your wheel wells when you pull the liner out. Works great. Added protection. Easy touch up looks good. That's if you hadn't already planned to.

Bootman83

So as I said in a previous post. I drilled a 1/2 hole (for the side marker light) in the wrong hole (fender moulding clip hole) meaning the hole is slightly bigger then the moulding clip. It's not noticeable to anyone except me and if it were an interior hole I wouldn't even care but its the first one by the headlight. There isn't any movement unless I take it and pull the flare away and it just slides right out. So the question is best way to remedy this issue for a tighter fit? I could use silicone? I could just tape behind it (which is how it is now) or if anyone knows maybe use a larger moulding clip (part number if you know)? Ideas?

StrizzyChris

OK I was lazy and didn't read the "I'm in trouble posts, but they look great! Probably my favorite front fender lines that I've seen. Kinda wish I woulda cut mine like that :thumb:

Bootman83

For people who have done the rear. Would you recommend taking the fender flares off or leave them on. There is no substructure but to fight on the rears but there is the liner. So I'm unsure if I should take them off or just slice thru them and cut with them on?

Top Bottom