Fifty Build Thread

Redrubi1

Taxes killed me this year so instead of putting two more Mastercraft seats in the back for the kids I put in the OEM fronts reason being I want 5 point seat belts for all the passengers. Mastercraft makes a set of brackets that allow you to put in bucket seats. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430083976.623274.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430084093.343166.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430084105.950565.jpg

trailless

Caught the Bug
Was that just plug and play? Add the brackets and move the seats back?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Redrubi1

Was that just plug and play? Add the brackets and move the seats back?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It would be for MC seats but I put in the OEM seats and had to drill holes to get it mounted but all in all it wasn't too bad.

Redrubi1

i love the tooth crusher bar ahah

Yeah mom wasn't pleased with the bar either especially since he's got about 5k in orthodontics right now. I'm putting in a Schroth Racing 5 point set up front and back to hopefully make the tooth anvil a moot point. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430106716.182921.jpg

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Do you have a simple wiring trick to get the car to think the standard seatbelts are plugged in? I couldn't imagine living with that BING BING sound constantly.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Do you have a simple wiring trick to get the car to think the standard seatbelts are plugged in? I couldn't imagine living with that BING BING sound constantly.

You can buy some used seat belts at a junk yard and just cut the end and plug it into the belt hole.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
You can buy some used seat belts at a junk yard and just cut the end and plug it into the belt hole.

Yeah, I guess you could. Hadn't thought of that. I was thinking if I could splice into some wires for the seatbelt sensors under the seat or center console easily, that may be a way to go too.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Or just turn it off with the "Seat belt dance" :yup: also, there is the "Steering Wheel Dance" to shut off the traction control system... if need be :thumb:

Redrubi1

I kept the OEM seat belts in too so around town I generally use the standard belt. I have taken the OEM belt and wrapped it behind the set and connected it up when I'm wheeling but usually I just ignore the seat belt light when I'm wheeling.

Redrubi1

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430797905.847669.jpg
The new sPOD SE is SOOOO much better than the prior version. It's a very sweet set up.

Last edited:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
View attachment 141202
The new sPOD SE is SOOOO much better than the prior version. It's a very sweet set up.

Ive been thinking of ditching my older sPOD for a while now. Ran out of switch real estate. I was about to order their version with the 8 rocker switches, but noticed on their website that they only have the touch screen available for 8 device units now. How does that work? Do you have yours mounted to the roll bar going across the dash using a ram mount? Which mount? Also, does the new sPod require for you to tap into ignition or is there a OEM style plug so that the touch screen is not always powered on? Is it too bright at night? Distracting? Great build BTW!

Redrubi1

Ive been thinking of ditching my older sPOD for a while now. Ran out of switch real estate. I was about to order their version with the 8 rocker switches, but noticed on their website that they only have the touch screen available for 8 device units now. How does that work? Do you have yours mounted to the roll bar going across the dash using a ram mount? Which mount? Also, does the new sPod require for you to tap into ignition or is there a OEM style plug so that the touch screen is not always powered on? Is it too bright at night? Distracting? Great build BTW!

It is mounted to the roll bar using a RAM mount. I have no idea which one it is but can take a pic of it to help you out. As to brightness its not too bad and doesn't bother me at night. It is not tapped into the ignition but turns off on its own if not handled for a period of time.

Top Bottom