First Look at the 2015 Jeep Renegade - Yea or Nay?

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Honestly, I would consider it if it gets 40 mpg..

Anyone read the mpg estimate?

It won't get 40's. Pretty much only prius' get that lol I'd consider one if it got 30+ highway and 22+ city. If they do the diesel motor in the US that'd be terrific.

And c'mon people, you honestly think this looks that terrible after the Cherokee? I think y'all are going overboard. It's obviously not going to be a Wrangler but they need this to keep the Wrangler as is for the next generation. If it looked anything like the Cherokee then I'd be yelling right along with y'all.

DH2002

Its def a niche vehicle, the average city buyer would see the name jeep and get that sense of security knowing their vehicle can go "anywhere"....

Nay for me. If someone else wants to buy it, more power to them. It's not any uglier than half the cars I see on the road now.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Nay for me personally. I understand that Jeep has to evolve with the competition to stay competitive. As long as they keep making a solid axle wrangler, Im good with whatever else they have to do to stay profitable.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
after looking more and more at this and the fiat panda side by side it is hard to tell the two apart. its looks are growing a little bit on me but i would still never want to own one.

stweasel

While I don't mind the styling, I think the move to smaller "capable" suv's will mean I will see more of these on the trails 1144204847_ef272d995d.jpg .

Armydog

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.... No Way! Doesn't GEO already make a tracker...........

Don't like it!!!!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

stweasel

Is that a bronco?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Yes, you could see a nice trail of oil from where they punctured the oil pan and they never stopped...it was probably a stolen vehicle

Last edited:

JEEPnGEO

Cant wait to put a 5 inch lift and 40's on it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cwmt3

The girlfriend is in love with it, I can tollerate the renegade much more than her current 2006 liberty

' A road is a dagger through the heart of a wilderness'

BlackRockBurner

Yes, it's small but it's about the same size as the original jeep. It also weighs 3,000 lbs, about where the next Wrangler should weigh. No on lowering kit, but lifts are going to cost bank due to Chapman rear suspension: the axel is part of the suspension. This platform is built for world-wide mass market to bring JEEP to countries it's never been before. And those lucky countries will get a torquey 260 lb turbo diesel with close to 40 mpg. Maybe if USA shows some love, that diesel will travel here. Before its wrongly said, the government does not prevent diesel vehicles.

beans

I mean...it's cute :) Very cute. Makes me want to give it a hug :blush:
But, honestly, it's just not my thing :misery:
If I want a lighter, smaller jeep I would mod an old, old Willy

Top Bottom