First Look at the 2015 Jeep Renegade - Yea or Nay?

Ldogg

View attachment 72141
Looks a lil better like this.

It looks pretty good like that. I saw that post too this morning. Here's the thing, was this supposed to be a wrangler replacement? Is this the next wrangler? Should jeep just make 6 models of the same vehicle? If you answered NO to those questions then you should understand why they built this. There is a demand for a small cuv in the segment that this will be in. Jeep wants to expand GLOBALLY and more into Europe and Asia. They can't sell 6 of the same thing, and not everyone wants a wrangler. Now is this thing for the hardcore off-road crowd, probably not, but if you have seen the press photos and the interior you can see that this thing exudes the brand in the style and accents that were added. I mean it looks better then the compass and the new Cherokee, and this team seemed to get what they were designing.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
It looks pretty good like that. I saw that post too this morning. Here's the thing, was this supposed to be a wrangler replacement? Is this the next wrangler? Should jeep just make 6 models of the same vehicle? If you answered NO to those questions then you should understand why they built this. There is a demand for a small cuv in the segment that this will be in. Jeep wants to expand GLOBALLY and more into Europe and Asia. They can't sell 6 of the same thing, and not everyone wants a wrangler. Now is this thing for the hardcore off-road crowd, probably not, but if you have seen the press photos and the interior you can see that this thing exudes the brand in the style and accents that were added. I mean it looks better then the compass and the new Cherokee, and this team seemed to get what they were designing.

At first I was like is this guy serious? A replacement for the Wrangler?! Then I read more and started tracking. Well said and I agree 100% with you.

Ldogg

At first I was like is this guy serious? A replacement for the Wrangler?! Then I read more and started tracking. Well said and I agree 100% with you.

Hahahaha can you image the backlash jeep would have if that was the new wrangler..... :)

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Hahahaha can you image the backlash jeep would have if that was the new wrangler..... :)

Lmfao this forum (along with all other Wrangler forums) would instantly flip the switch and be known as the WAY TA KILL JEEP FIAT! Lol not as catchy as WAYALIFE is :cheesy:

Ldogg

here are some additional pics from autoblog/press kit

2015-jeep-renegade-15-1.jpg
2015-jeep-renegade-17-1.jpg
2015-jeep-renegade-72-1.jpg
2015-jeep-renegade-73-1.jpg
2015-jeep-renegade-75-1.jpg

The grill seems to have taken some inspiration from the Mighty FC.... at least the black part in this pic. Wonder if that's going to be a trend *Cough* Next Wrangler? *Cough*
2015-jeep-renegade-trailhawk-16-1.jpg

by the way, has anyone ever seen this pic? I know there were questions about taking the roof off, and well yeah it looks like you can.

Jeep-Mighty-FC-Concept-04.jpg

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
^ that thing is friggin sick with the top and doors off! And yeah I thought that too. I hope the next Wrangler looks good still. If they ruin it with some ridiculous plastic shit (more than it already unecessarily has) I'd be more than upset.

jhires

It's interesting to think that it originated with this. The more I look at it, the more I realize it's not too far from that now either.

Classic_Fiat_Panda_4x4_Cross_Country.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's interesting to think that it originated with this. The more I look at it, the more I realize it's not too far from that now either.

View attachment 72192

i think it came from the more updated version :cheesy:

images

Top Bottom