GHOST PEPPER - The next step build for Adrock's 2012 JKU Sport

AdrockTT

Very nice delivery! Is that the new Low Pinion rear 60?

I am impressed with your eyes! Spot on! I did the low pinion rear since I'm supercharging (and who knows, maybe an LS one day).

Here's the axle stats:
High pinion PR60 front (for clearance), Low pinion FF rear (for strength), 68.5" width, 5 on 5.5 locking stub hubs.
5.13s, ARBs, chromo shafts
13.25" front rotors, JK8 rear brakes - 13.9"
Billet "hardcore" steering, drag link sleeve, ram tabs pre-fabbed, raised track bar mounts

I'm still confused on the steering, as they claim I will not want to do a drag link flip with the mounts they have on the front axle...so I'm being told don't do the high steer. I guess we'll see how it all lines up during install?

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks! I'll shed a tiny tear when they first get used, but hey it's only dirty if you play with it - right?

After you install it, spray the cover and tubes with clear coat. I'll add a pic in a minute. I got mine filthy and it sprays right off. A trick I learned from Rancho.

Now granted, I've only owned this thing a short time, but the axle shafts themselves already have surface rust on the casting along with other little parts which is normal. However, the parts I sprayed clear on aren't showing much of anything.

After playing around in the snow and slush:

DSC04659.jpg

Just a week later just spraying it off at the carwash, nothing else:

IMG_20170121_120558_539.jpg

Last edited:

AdrockTT

After you install it, spray the cover and tubes with clear coat. I'll add a pic in a minute. I got mine filthy and it sprays right off. A trick I learned from Rancho.

Now granted, I've only owned this thing a short time, but the axle shafts themselves already have surface rust on the casting along with other little parts which is normal. However, the parts I sprayed clear on aren't showing much of anything.

After playing around in the snow and slush:

View attachment 247243

Just a week later just spraying it off at the carwash, nothing else:

View attachment 247244

Wow, hell yes! Looks awesome. Thank you very much for the pro-tip here. I'll def clear the housing/diff cover prior to getting it properly dirty then. That's great!

AdrockTT

Congrats [emoji324][emoji898][emoji322][emoji323]

I am staring a fund for my set...

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

Thanks! They are certainly beefy to the max. The shop doing part of the install was certainly impressed (and they've build buggies on Rockwell 2.5 tons, done KOH, etc.). Good stuff from Dyna and bang for the buck way better now after recent pricing drops. I'll be excited to see how your silver rebuild progresses.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thanks! They are certainly beefy to the max. The shop doing part of the install was certainly impressed (and they've build buggies on Rockwell 2.5 tons, done KOH, etc.). Good stuff from Dyna and bang for the buck way better now after recent pricing drops. I'll be excited to see how your silver rebuild progresses.

How much did these cost you if you don't mind me asking?

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

AdrockTT

Last edited:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Just over 12k as configured. I think $12,400 shipped.

BTW, it's a slippery slope though...need 1350 shafts, might need on-board air for ARBs, new wheels/tires for the bolt pattern change, many do a ram-assist (I am), etc. etc...

I already have 1350's and Arb twin [emoji41]

As for the rest I'll look into it, I am planning new wheels with new set of tires when the time comes anyway...

Thanks good info

AdrockTT

Slow but steady progress on the build. Here's a few random pics of the install...

Long arm mounts going in and links are hung:
Resized_20170322_180026.jpg Resized_20170322_180044.jpg Resized_20170322_180119.jpg

Front axle located, front suspension being mocked up and mounted:
Resized_20170324_150339.jpg Resized_20170324_150356.jpg

Top Bottom