GraniteCrystal build thread

WJCO

Meme King
You gave my Jeep a penis.

But seriously, yeah, not sure what I'll end up doing. I always like making stuff myself if I can. The horizontal bar is interesting. I think it'd still be advantageous to have some kind of slope on it though so there isn't so much weight on the tip and it comes down slowly.

I can help you build something if you go that route. Let me know.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
You gave my Jeep a penis.

But seriously, yeah, not sure what I'll end up doing. I always like making stuff myself if I can. The horizontal bar is interesting. I think it'd still be advantageous to have some kind of slope on it though so there isn't so much weight on the tip and it comes down slowly.

Sorry, scratch that! [emoji23]

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
New bumper/carrier look great and the spare is massive looking! Can't wait to see the other 37s on there to make everything proportional. Nice job!:thumb:

GraniteCrystal

Good lord! Looks photo shopped! :) That wheel/tire/size combo looks bad ass. Can't wait to see the rest!

Seriously. It really puts into perspective how massive 37s are lol.

Looking forward to seeing everything finished up. Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

New bumper/carrier look great and the spare is massive looking! Can't wait to see the other 37s on there to make everything proportional. Nice job!:thumb:

Thanks! Stay tuned for later this week when they all go on.

Wow great picture, can u open ur back door? Lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am also curious about the operation of the carrier and tailgate. Thinking about the same bumper but it has to be able to be opened by my wife.

Yep, opening it is really easy. Definite one hand operation. I also need my wife to be able to open it while dealing with kids and groceries. See the LoD video by clicking this link (it'll start you at the point in the video where he's opening it):
https://youtu.be/CwONV4w_tB0?t=205

GraniteCrystal

Spare is officially mounted up for the long term. Followed the instructions in the install video for getting proper fit and I don't have any rattles on the little cruise around the neighborhood. I'm sure there'll be some fine tuning as things settle in a bit, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Despite the hiccups in the LoD Destroyer thread that I documented, it really wasn't a bad install at all and I'm happy I went with this one, mostly for what's to come. Still need to purchase the trail rack, Rotopax mount for my gas and water, and multi-mount for shovel. Just can't find a better solution to carry all that stuff IMO.

Snapped this photo this morning and thought the meme appropriate :)

sparetirememe.JPG

Spare is officially mounted up for the long term. Followed the instructions in the install video for getting proper fit and I don't have any rattles on the little cruise around the neighborhood. I'm sure there'll be some fine tuning as things settle in a bit, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Despite the hiccups in the LoD Destroyer thread that I documented, it really wasn't a bad install at all and I'm happy I went with this one, mostly for what's to come. Still need to purchase the trail rack, Rotopax mount for my gas and water, and multi-mount for shovel. Just can't find a better solution to carry all that stuff IMO.

Snapped this photo this morning and thought the meme appropriate :)

View attachment 245057

Be careful not to give it too much gas cruising around town...looks like you could pop a wheelie with that bad boy on the back!

GraniteCrystal

Ok, new DIY mod tonight. I put on my new bumper and it leaves these unnecessary, ugly rubber isolators on there:

IMG_20170220_164814.jpg

I tried Lowe's and Home Depot for some rubber plugs before deciding to make my own. Just need to cut up the isolators themselves!

Tools/supplies:
Knife
Super glue
Fender washer (I think I used 7/16")
Spray paint

Step 1: Cut them
Drive the knife straight through, then rotate it around
IMG_20170220_191046.jpg

Should look something like this:
IMG_20170220_182049.jpg

Step 2: Glue on template
I used a plastic piece here only because the washer idea came to me later. Center your template over the hole and follow the edge to cut a nice circle. It's best to cut a rough outline first, then come on closer along the edge and clean it up.
IMG_20170220_191406.jpg

IMG_20170220_191558.jpg

If you used a washer, leave it on. If you used a plastic piece like me, pop it off and glue on a fender washer.
IMG_20170220_192442.jpg

IMG_20170220_192809.jpg

Step 3: Paint it
A few coats of Rustoleum truck bed liner
IMG_20170220_202133.jpg

Step 4: Pop them back in
Pushing is no good. Use a knife and work the plug into the hole from different angles till it pops in.

Finished product:
IMG_20170220_205609.jpg

IMG_20170220_210112.jpg

IMG_20170220_210336.jpg

GraniteCrystal

Factory front drive shaft pulled tonight.

IMG_20170221_174433.jpg

IMG_20170221_174648.jpg

IMG_20170221_174905.jpg

Not sure if it matters, but taped over both ends so dirt/water don't get in there the next couple days
IMG_20170221_175733.jpg

IMG_20170221_175742.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom