GraniteCrystal build thread

GraniteCrystal

So long Scout! Off to Trail Jeeps for some 5.13 gears, C gussets, and weld on front track bar bracket so I don't have to worry about bolts loosening up.

IMG_20170222_124834.jpg

Should get it back on Friday.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
So long Scout! Off to Trail Jeeps for some 5.13 gears, C gussets, and weld on front track bar so I don't have to worry about bolts loosening up.

Should get it back on Friday.

Congrats on the mods. Did you mean weld on track bar bracket? You don't want to weld the track bar itself in place.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Anxiously awaiting pics when it's done. I was doing some research online and saw a Granite Crystal JK with your new rims and it looked badass! I thought about posting but didn't want to spoil it for you. But I will say it looks even better than I thought it would. Can't wait to hear your reaction when it all comes together! Congrats on all the recent upgrades!

GraniteCrystal

Anxiously awaiting pics when it's done. I was doing some research online and saw a Granite Crystal JK with your new rims and it looked badass! I thought about posting but didn't want to spoil it for you. But I will say it looks even better than I thought it would. Can't wait to hear your reaction when it all comes together! Congrats on all the recent upgrades!
Ha, thanks man. I appreciate that. The big reveal is only days away!

GraniteCrystal

Should be picking up the Jeep today and then can put the 37s on tonight. Bummed the weather sucks though. Last weekend was 70deg now it's snowing.

IMG_20170224_071258.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Should be picking up the Jeep today and then can put the 37s on tonight. Bummed the weather sucks though. Last weekend was 70deg now it's snowing.

Glad to hear you're getting it back before the weekend. I'm bummed as well about the weather. I took it for granted last week and now have no motivation to work on the Jeeps with the cold and snow. It's suppose to be sunny this weekend but cold.

GraniteCrystal

Glad to hear you're getting it back before the weekend. I'm bummed as well about the weather. I took it for granted last week and now have no motivation to work on the Jeeps with the cold and snow. It's suppose to be sunny this weekend but cold.
Yeah, part of me wants to wait till it's sunny and warm again in a week, but that's not very practical now that it'll have 5.13 gears and 32" tires.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You guys have had temps above freezing and recently?? I feel your pain though. Just gotta bundle up :crazyeyes:

GraniteCrystal

Gears and C gussets are good to go!

IMG_20170224_165455.jpg

IMG_20170224_165507.jpg

60mph with 5.13 gears on 265/70r17 tires
IMG_20170224_173037.jpg

And picked up a breaker bar. 1"x36" for $19 from Home Depot
IMG_20170224_173629.jpg

Also had them weld a few spots on the front track bar mount so I don't have to be paranoid about those bolts loosening.

Top Bottom