Grapes & Grub October 2014

Mrs.2013rubirick

We are staying in sonoma at the champagne lounge :)

Edit:We need to make some choices off the list of the Sip card also :) so many decisions to make lol

Last edited:
Woohoo! Good news! I don't know where the 2013rubiricks and J&J are staying so as soon as we know we can pick wineries I think they wanted to hit Rombauer and I'd like to do the pic thing at RR but not sure of the distance between the two hoping to hear from them soon

alright cool. i know we want to try different places but it is always nice to go somewhere that we are members at to have some friendly service. if it's napa then, oh well new places for us. just usually a little pricier being its napa i've found

Mrs.2013rubirick

So I asked Eddie and he gave the go ahead to post the info. about the Living Social Sip California Card for this weekend's trip :) Thanks Eddie!!

Here is the link: https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1236658-wine-tasting-card-for-two?pos=0

I'm working on putting a list together and then mapping it out so we can have somewhat of a plan.

So far these are the wineries on the list (if there are others that anyone wants to stop at let me know and I'll map it out):

Rombauer
Russian River
Baletto

Mrs.2013rubirick

So I asked Eddie and he gave the go ahead to post the info. about the Living Social Sip California Card for this weekend's trip :) Thanks Eddie!!

Here is the link: https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1236658-wine-tasting-card-for-two?pos=0

I'm working on putting a list together and then mapping it out so we can have somewhat of a plan.

So far these are the wineries on the list (if there are others that anyone wants to stop at let me know and I'll map it out):

Rombauer
Russian River
Baletto

So here is a link to the list of wineries where we would receive free tastings and some even discounts on wine purchases: http://sipcalifornia.com/product/2014-sonoma-wine-tasting-card/

I sort of just put together a list of some of the top rated wineries on the SIP list, along with the few that people have mentioned wanting to go to (Russian River and Balletto are on the SIP list so that's a PLUS), and added a few in the area near those wineries to give some options. I would also love to go to Rombauer but it seems pretty far. That being said I'm just along for the wine, so everyone else can decide lol. Also, this is just to get an idea of the layout and our plentiful options.

Grapes and Grub Map 10-25.jpg

Basically, the 123 4th street winery is a tasting room called Lost Canyon in Santa Rosa I added it since it's in the middle of everything, and it's on the SIP card. Also, Balletto and three other wineries are right there and are also on the SIP card. Hudson street has five wineries right there that are all on the SIP card. Foppiano is also on the SIP card plus it has 10% off fully priced wine. I believe the only one on the map I made that isn't on the SIP card is Rombauer. There are sooo many in the area that we could basically choose a town and search nearby with the list that SIP provides. I just did this to sort of map out the area and the three staples everyone wanted ;)

sweet. i think ill have to buy a card. we are members at bellato, RR, wine guerilla.

and do we know if we are getting the cards by saturday?

Last edited:

Mrs.2013rubirick

sweet. i think ill have to buy a card. we are members at bellato, RR, wine guerilla.

The company is based in California so I'm hoping so, fingers crossed. However, I'm going to print out all of my receipts and confirmations so that if it doesn't at least I'll have that. I'm sure they will accept that. They are normally pretty nice and I've used this card before, so I'm hoping just having the print out will be enough in the worst case scenario.

Crawler Kitty

I sent them an email yesterday explaining and they got it in the mail to me yesterday so it should be here but I'm printing my confirmations as well

Mrs.2013rubirick

I sent them an email yesterday explaining and they got it in the mail to me yesterday so it should be here but I'm printing my confirmations as well

Just spoke to Dana at Sip California, the owner, there was an issue with mine since my Living Social account had my maiden name and my Sip account had my married name. Anyhow, she's going to overnight it and worse case scenario there is a winery in Sonoma that I can pick it up at. However, I'm pretty sure she's going to over night it for like $5 :clap2:

Mrs.2013rubirick

well probably too late then for us to get one. but if we do rr and baletto then those are free anyways lol. we having a meeting place?

So she ended up mailing it regular usps they assured her it would make it to me. And if you buy it and it doesn't make it to you you could still pick it up at their winery in sonoma
She told me i could do that if for some reason it didnt come in time. ..she's really nice.

UpsideUp

Hey all. Jumping in on the thread. Any idea if you guys are going to hit Rombauer as a starting point? I live in Napa and although I have little ones and can't make the whole day it would be pretty cool to at least get to meet you guys and put some faces to names.

Mrs.2013rubirick

Hey all. Jumping in on the thread. Any idea if you guys are going to hit Rombauer as a starting point? I live in Napa and although I have little ones and can't make the whole day it would be pretty cool to at least get to meet you guys and put some faces to names.

We haven't solidified a starting point but i think starting at Rombauer makes the most sense. On top of that we'd love to meet you :) what do you guys think? ? Panda and Kitty?? Jason and Jenn? ?? RSD and JKshotty??? Start at Rombauer and meet a fellow wayalifer??

Last edited:

UpsideUp

I would totally understand if you guys dont make it there first because according to your map it does seem like a bit of a trek if most of your tastings are in Sonoma. A quick get away to checked out some Jeeps and meet you folks sounds like a nice way to spend the morning.
Well...then going to some winery's and having a few glasses of wine would be more fun of course but quickies are good too. LoL

We haven't solidified a starting point but i think starting at Rombauer makes the most sense. On top of that we'd love to meet you :) what do you guys think? ? Panda and Kitty?? Jason and Jenn? ?? RSD and JKshotty??? Start at Rombauer and meet a fellow wayalifer??

i like it. never leave one behind! haha. lets meet there first thing when they open. and can end at baletto again with a picnic??

Panda

Sounds good to me :yup:

Top Bottom