Hinrichs 2.0

The color matching is definitely more "under the radar" than the satin black. The black is a bit more of the "trail look". I dig both[emoji106]

Edit: I know I probably did not help one bit by being Captain Obvious

I agree with the "trail look", thanks Greg :thumb: Dont want this to look like a mall crawler like most of the jeeps I see in my area.

I do like the white, but when color matched panels are off, even a little, it drives me crazy. White is a very hard color to match properly, especially on a different metal surface. If I had the money to take them down to the local body shop I would, but I know all the time I will spend to properly prep and paint I wont be happy with them.

For now I will be going with black, and maybe in the spring I will switch it up and go to white when I have some money saved up and have them done professionally.

Here's pic to give you idea and I'm not quite sure where I found this pic. Notice a little bit two different white color and it's looking good. I plan to do that with my silver jeep with little bit dark silver on rock skins, corners, and fenders. I dunno.

all-white-jeep-black-wheels.jpg

I think the color match looks the best when the top is also color matched, black top I would go with the black corners. That said I think either way you go it's going to look bad ass...

I disagree I like the white with the black top and flares. Here is a pic of another wayalife member's jeep with the color matched corners. Love the look, still has a "trail look" too. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442591454.023242.jpg

I finally got my skins dropped off at the powdercoater's this morning. I'm going gloss black, but it's an easier decision on a black rig. I powdercoated my front bumper a graphite grey and I'll keep that theme going with the Evo tire carrier and rock rails when I get them, but the skins look best IMO matched to the Jeep's body color.

Took a half day and ran to quadratec to snag a oro plate light, gonna try and throw the carrier on today

Been fighting with the carrier since last night, ended up with my same problem as last time.

Latch side ends one is a little higher than the lower so it doesn't like to close

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442673854.195257.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442673872.260270.jpg

I was able to take a 2x4 with a 5 pound sledge and get mine perfect on the drive body mounts. Mine was of too before that. Good luck

Top Bottom