Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well after talking to Tim (bezerker) over at trail jeeps, I decided on the standard angle again for the sliders. I dont use them as a step so I am not worried about that part at all. They did not have any in stock however so went with northridge so I can get them painted up and installed before it gets too cold. Last mods for the jeep till next year.

bkac

Caught the Bug
That was my thought, I mean I think the idea of a step is a good one to have, but do I need it? no...I do have a folding step stool if needed. Some of the pics that I see for the low angle just look funky to me and almost flat. I do like cozdudes set but I think its cuz they are shorter.

I'm with you, not a fan of the evo "step" sliders myself either.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Defiantly some great progress in the short time with this Jeep. Im ready to see it get beat on. :rock:

You and me both, I have literally driven it 1 time after the lift, then its just been sitting at a friends shop and tomorrow the dealer :grayno:. I almost forget I even own it anymore :doh:

I'm with you, not a fan of the evo "step" sliders myself either.

On some they look good, some I think they look strange. I think secretly I just want my jeep to be a mini moby ;)

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Would you then name your jeep Little Dick? :idontknow: ;)

haha, just spit out my drink. It sure is hard to not look like a copy of your rig and eddies however.

Everytime I look at this thread I feel poor. [emoji23] Can't wait to see the "final" product!

Oh I am poor now :grayno:, hence no more mods till next year. It sure helped having almost all of my parts from the 2 door that I could reuse (left a few on which I regret now)

CarolinaJK

That's true! I'm patiently waiting on my 1/4 pounder to come in tomorrow. About killed me to order that thing haha! However I'd rather be broke with a badass Jeep so whatever!

RDE2ROK

That's true! I'm patiently waiting on my 1/4 pounder to come in tomorrow. About killed me to order that thing haha! However I'd rather be broke with a badass Jeep so whatever!

That's Funny! Let me tell you what it's like having a badass jeep and being Broke! Top Ramen is a delicacy , With a Beer is an event! :cheesy: and now I have to save up for gas to go wheel the thing! :naw:

CarolinaJK

That's Funny! Let me tell you what it's like having a badass jeep and being Broke! Top Ramen is a delicacy , With a Beer is an event! :cheesy: and now I have to save up for gas to go wheel the thing! :naw:

Haha oh I understand all about that! Before this Jeep I owned a 2011 Mustang and blew piles of cash into it only to trade it. Luckily I'm only 19 so I don't have too many bills on my plate right now.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well next week will be good if I have the time, but both sliders and skins have shipped out today :thumb:. Well thats if I get the jeep back soon lol

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just read your thread. Awesome jeep! Any updates on the Steering issue? I'm assuming from this that you jeep is at the dealer right now?

Its going to the dealer later today, if it doesnt, I will have to get AAA to tow it up tomorrow morning.

LAJK

About to order rocker skins again, deff sticking with the alum theme on things like that for sure.

Now to decide on sliders. I may end up just waiting till spring to order them, but if any of the vendors have them in stock I will get them now so I can paint them and get them burned on before winter hits. I was thinking about going LOD this time around for more of a step and something different, but everything else on the jeep is EVO for the most part so Ill prolly just go that direction. Now do I get the std angle again, or the low "step version" which I feel may be better for us east coast guys with protecting from trees and stuff since its sticks out a little more.

I went with VKS fabrications prerunner rockers. Bolt or weld on, frame mounted, and a nice step design. Also fast and free shipping.

Top Bottom