Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If it's in the system it should absolutely be under warranty. If it ends up being on the axle or down stream I can see them saying your lift is at fault. Hell, they could even blame the gear on the tire size. I certainly hope this isn't the case, but I could see it.

Well like I said, I do have a PSC steering box waiting for me that I got for a steal, so that will cover that if its bad, I can always get the upgraded pump as well and that would fix those issues. But thats not something I really have time to get done before this trip.

Sad part is I drove it around the block a few times, then to the shop (10 miles) and thats as far as it has gone on the 37s.

Recurve

If things dont work out, I can fix some stuff on mine quick enough that I would be confident leading green trails. Then I can come get you if need be. You can roll with me then.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have a slight backup plan...just not sure if itll work. I was thinking about throwing the stock rubi wheels and tires on my moms grand cherokee and taking that, but I feel I would have to be too careful it wouldnt be fun.

Recurve

In the even I do make it to the run, I just ordered the protek trans skid :thumb:

nice, Im going to at least buy oil pan skid.. been putting that off for awhile.
If it doesnt look like you will make it, let me know. I will get if need be .

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well all the dealers locally are booked up so I have to wait until next Friday for them to check it out, the break in after that is going to one hell of a challenge to get the gears right but I will get it done.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Well all the dealers locally are booked up so I have to wait until next Friday for them to check it out, the break in after that is going to one hell of a challenge to get the gears right but I will get it done.

Nooooo!

This build has had some rough patches

09blackruby

Dang.. I was driving 8 hours to see that beast next Friday.. Well I guess I'll just have to go wheeling. I hope your still able to attend on Saturday one way or another.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Of course when I don't even have my jeep, I get my trans skid from northridge super fast. Any other time I wait a week

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
About to order rocker skins again, deff sticking with the alum theme on things like that for sure.

Now to decide on sliders. I may end up just waiting till spring to order them, but if any of the vendors have them in stock I will get them now so I can paint them and get them burned on before winter hits. I was thinking about going LOD this time around for more of a step and something different, but everything else on the jeep is EVO for the most part so Ill prolly just go that direction. Now do I get the std angle again, or the low "step version" which I feel may be better for us east coast guys with protecting from trees and stuff since its sticks out a little more.

About to order rocker skins again, deff sticking with the alum theme on things like that for sure.

Now to decide on sliders. I may end up just waiting till spring to order them, but if any of the vendors have them in stock I will get them now so I can paint them and get them burned on before winter hits. I was thinking about going LOD this time around for more of a step and something different, but everything else on the jeep is EVO for the most part so Ill prolly just go that direction. Now do I get the std angle again, or the low "step version" which I feel may be better for us east coast guys with protecting from trees and stuff since its sticks out a little more.

do the low anlge evo ones

Havoc40

I had the same debate between LoD and EVO sliders. It was a tough decision because I love my LoD rear bumper. Ultimately decided on the EVO low angle. Northridge had them in-stock.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well ordered the rocker skins, still undecided on the sliders yet tho.

NR has the standard angle in stock, which I like better, but im going to call trail jeeps soon to see what they have.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I had the same debate between LoD and EVO sliders. It was a tough decision because I love my LoD rear bumper. Ultimately decided on the EVO low angle. Northridge had them in-stock.

To be honest, I've had both and if you want a step go lod and weld them on. They are awesome. If you don't want a step go evo!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
To be honest, I've had both and if you want a step go lod and weld them on. They are awesome. If you don't want a step go evo!

That was my thought, I mean I think the idea of a step is a good one to have, but do I need it? no...I do have a folding step stool if needed. Some of the pics that I see for the low angle just look funky to me and almost flat. I do like cozdudes set but I think its cuz they are shorter.

Top Bottom