Not That Kind of Engineer
This is how I clamped mine. The bottom clamp helped push the end by the door up

Attachments

• 1423623241731.jpg
    1423623241731.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 198

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I gave up for tonight, need to find more clamps and a friend that can help. Stupid thought tho maybe, when these are released they move a lot, can the nutserts handle this and is it going to be this hard to line up again once they are painted or coated?

This install makes me just wanna comp cut it lol.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
If I remember, after I drilled and had nutserts in, I started bolting in the rear and worked my way towards the front.

Panda

I gave up for tonight, need to find more clamps and a friend that can help. Stupid thought tho maybe, when these are released they move a lot, can the nutserts handle this and is it going to be this hard to line up again once they are painted or coated?

This install makes me just wanna comp cut it lol.

Yes the nutsert can handle it and yes it will be just as hard to line up after they're coated, a friend to help makes a huge difference

upnover

I would use two more c clamps that screw down. Those hand tight clamps are not very good for these corners. We had three of us putting these one. Two to make sure everything was lined up and one doing the drill and then screwing the bolts in.

Recurve

Hmmm, this doesn't look to fun for the corners. I'm moving to aluminum evo corner skins this spring.
Half tempted to just take a dolly an hammer to it to make it perfect.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Hmmm, this doesn't look to fun for the corners. I'm moving to aluminum evo corner skins this spring.
Half tempted to just take a dolly an hammer to it to make it perfect.

I keep having this thought that its easier installing on a 4 door since the straps pull different (in my head), well that they line up with the door opening rather than just on the side of the tub.

Recurve

I keep having this thought that its easier installing on a 4 door since the straps pull different (in my head), well that they line up with the door opening rather than just on the side of the tub.

Yeah , either way I'm sure you will get it right after working with it. Just take your time.
Also what tail lights are you putting in?

Top Bottom