Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Yeah , either way I'm sure you will get it right after working with it. Just take your time.
Also what tail lights are you putting in?

Just using the ones I already have now in the other tail light panels.

Im trying to decide on selling the genright and going to an evo carrier or maybe just running the spare inside for a while but I wouldn't have room for tools and parts unless I do a design ive been thinking about in my head for a while.

Recurve

Im trying to decide on selling the genright and going to an evo carrier or maybe just running the spare inside for a while but I wouldn't have room for tools and parts unless I do a design ive been thinking about in my head for a while.

Yeah , granted mine is a 4 door so I have some more room. There is plenty of room for tools right behind the spare.
The hard part is getting to that space, you almost have to fold down the back seats to get to it.

Panda

I keep having this thought that its easier installing on a 4 door since the straps pull different (in my head), well that they line up with the door opening rather than just on the side of the tub.

It's not any easier on a four door, the clamp on the bottom under the tail light will line up the front for you

bkac

Caught the Bug
It's not any easier on a four door, the clamp on the bottom under the tail light will line up the front for you

This is coming from a someone that's installed them on both 2 and 4 door versions. Looking good, you almost have it. I'm doing them really soon to mine! Keep us posted! Good luck.

Recurve

Lol they were inside a bedroom and rusted.

I've had parts just rust in my garage. West coast guys don't know the struggle lol.

Don't worry Jim , the rust is a style thing these days , you will fit right in with the Volkswagen crowd:bleh:

Let me know if you decide to sell the genright carrier - I've been considering that for the future. Not sure if I'll be ready then, or if shipping would be worth it.

Good luck with the install!!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Let me know if you decide to sell the genright carrier - I've been considering that for the future. Not sure if I'll be ready then, or if shipping would be worth it.

Good luck with the install!!

Shipping would probably be a lot, I remember when I called genright originally it was around $200 or so from them to ship it to me, but they are out west.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Thought this looked cool, would be a nice option for stickers if they were just an outline. Just noticed hard hard it is to see.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423780615.531737.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Got bored tonight and couldn't find half my tools to work more, so I did this to see how far off the paint I have is.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423788902.081293.jpg

Top Bottom