Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It's actually what I ran before, and wasn't sure I'd like it again, but everything looks better to me now without the snorkel, next up should be a good louver after I trade my set of flats

Also added this why?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423277715.433971.jpg

thereich

just checked out your build since I don't frequent on this forum much. Definitely a sweet jeep. I like the dd too! I've been wanting a scoob for a daily myself. Not sure where exactly you are at but I'm in western PA about an hour east of Pitt. We ought to meet up when I get out to Rausch this summer.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Looks nice bro :thumb:

Sucks about the battery :doh: you think ya might have something draining it

I was wondering about that one, I did find out that the sPod has a low voltage thing built in and that's what tripping, but shouldn't be anymore that I have a new battery, hope to find out what more to test tonight when I can mess with the jeep again.

I cant remember how long I let the jeep sit before driving it, maybe 3 weeks, but prolly with how cold its been that is what killed it. Also when I "drove it" that was more around the block then into the garage not really giving it a chance to charge up well, and I had to use the winch a little to get the cable out without running which prolly did it. No issues on Saturdays trip however.

Here are some pics im gonna steal from that trip to have something more in here to look at.

jkur77

So went to park the subaru like usual, have to back in and go on the grass partly, but got stuck due to the ice that formed the past few cold days

View attachment 122572

Go grab the jeep (didn't wanna start) and drive around for a few min to warm up and do dumb snow climbs

View attachment 122573

Then headed back, go to use the winch...yep cable is frozen once again like last year so had to use a strap to pull her like 4 feet onto the driveway

View attachment 122574

Gonna prolly take the jeep to work tomorrow, but it's sleeping inside the garage tonight to thaw out

Nice-looking jeep. Love the half doors.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Hey hinrichs how do you like the Trail Grapplers in the snow (off road and daily driving)?

Daily driving they are fine, been a while since we actually had snow on the roads but they were never an issue that way. They are decent offroad in the snow....but don't get a ton of traction however. Over the weekend the only problem was that black trail my jeep decided to take, and I don't see any tire helping me get up that one.

JeepDrum

Daily driving they are fine, been a while since we actually had snow on the roads but they were never an issue that way. They are decent offroad in the snow....but don't get a ton of traction however. Over the weekend the only problem was that black trail my jeep decided to take, and I don't see any tire helping me get up that one.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm hoping to get new tires soon and I can't decide between the Trail and Mud Grapplers.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think I remember steve (cozdude) saying that the muds are good in the snow. I don't really see them being very different however. Last year wheeling in deeper snow with a layer of ice on it, we had no issues running the trails or muds.

I would say the big decision you will have to make is will the mud road noise annoy you or not over the long term.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm hoping to get new tires soon and I can't decide between the Trail and Mud Grapplers.

I think I remember steve (cozdude) saying that the muds are good in the snow. I don't really see them being very different however. Last year wheeling in deeper snow with a layer of ice on it, we had no issues running the trails or muds.

I would say the big decision you will have to make is will the mud road noise annoy you or not over the long term.

I've asked Steve the same questions about the muds. He told me they did very well in the winter.

Yup the MUDs have done great for me in the winter. Obviously the only thing you need to worry about with them is the road noise and the slight loss in mpg because of how much room there is between lugs.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Yeah I wouldn't say the trails are "bad" in the snow at all, add ice tho under and well...im sure no tire is going to be good.

No real update on the sPod issue yet, as I wasn't having a fun time last night getting it in the garage covered in ice so I didn't test it properly yet other than just putting the fuse back in, I do feel tho its not going to work so I wish they would just send me a new board and be done with the emails back and forth.

Had my cb on a few more times and that seems to be okay again, but it wasn't happy Saturday at all as it kept shutting on and off and crackling which was really annoying.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
With 2 straps I can't even get the driver side to line up with the gas filler hole

Are they supposed to line up with the bottom? I got it close to the gas filler but it seemed really high that Id have a hard time with the top

Last edited:
With 2 straps I can't even get the driver side to line up with the gas filler hole

Are they supposed to line up with the bottom? I got it close to the gas filler but it seemed really high that Id have a hard time with the top

The bottom doesn't line up perfectly. On mine we took a 4x4 and hammer and beat it to get it to line up with the filler tube. We also wrapped a ratchet strap all the way around the the rear quarter panal and pulled it that way.

Top Bottom