Holy gods of horsepower - Hellcat 707 HP

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
You are talking about real cars with less HP.

If you spent the money to up the HP in that Viper but it was still road race worthy, I know you spent even more money on suspension and brakes than you did on the motor. I know you are familiar with the term "Snakebite"... it didn't come from nowhere.

Not even close. I had a set of Motons and a Stoptech big brake kit. Nowhere near the cost of the engine mods. Again this is real world info. Not what you might "imagine".

Renntech and AMG with less HP than this silly Dodge... come on man. The difference in engineering theory and capability with those two companies compared to Dodge. Not even on the same planet.

570whp is probably damn close to 700hp at the crank. That rig was made in 2004. I'll give dodge some credit and the benefit of the doubt that some technological advancements have been made in the last 10 years. Common sense will tell me that they aren't going to be making "worlds fastest" and "most hp" claims without some ancillary improvements if for no other reason than good magazine/press reviews.

All we are saying (which is the truth) is that if Dodge took the current SRT Challenger and just slapped a 707 hp drivetrain in it, it's gonna be a shit box with tons of HP.

For the speculated premium price tag I believe the consensus here is that it's going to be more than a base challenger with a big engine.

Last edited:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
BUT! Are any of them worthy of oohs and aahs? Nope.

I don't really understand your mindset. Production cars in existence making more than 700hp:

Lamborghini Avengador LP720-4 -710hp. (That's a whopping 3 more hp)

Pagani Huayra -720hp

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta -731hp

Lamborghini Veneno -740hp

Mercedes Benz SLS AMG electric drive -740hp

Porsche 918 spyder -887 hp

McLaden p1- 904 hp

Ferrari LaFerrari -950hp

Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse -1184hp

Hennessey Venom GT - 1244 hp

Koenigsegg Agera -1321hp

Id say that's some rare company that commands oohs and ah's. I don't know what's in the Levi car barometer but it's calibration might be different than ours.

jmatta33

I don't really understand your mindset. Production cars in existence making more than 700hp:

Pagani Huayra -720hp

McLaden p1- 904 hp

Ferrari LaFerrari -950hp

Koenigsegg Agera -1321hp

Id say that's some rare company that commands oohs and ah's. I don't know what's in the Levi car barometer but it's calibration might be different than ours.

#lawyered

RLTW!!!

2013CGJKU

Pagani Huayra -720hp

McLaden p1- 904 hp

Ferrari LaFerrari -950hp

Koenigsegg Agera -1321hp

You are VERY correct with that list of cars making TONS of HP, and I will never say that the motor in that car isn't extremely impressive. I will, however, reiterate my previous point. The current SRT Challenger chassis does not belong even in the same galaxy as the other cars on that list. If Chrysler is wanting to compete with the cars on that list then that car will be COMPLETELY new, from the ground up and will be in the same price range as those cars. If that doesn't happen, then what is the point of having a production car with over 700 hp? There isn't one, just cool points for being able to state that fact.

In my opinion, having a car with 700 unusable HP, is like having 40s on stock axles that never leaves the pavement... not worthy of oohs and aahs. It is what it is, sorry man.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Last edited:
You are VERY correct with that list of cars making TONS of HP, and I will never say that the motor in that car isn't extremely impressive. I will, however, reiterate my previous point. The current SRT Challenger chassis does not belong even in the same galaxy as the other cars on that list. If Chrysler is wanting to compete with the cars on that list then that car will be COMPLETELY new, from the ground up and will be in the same price range as those cars. If that doesn't happen, then what is the point of having a production car with over 700 hp? There isn't one, just cool points for being able to state that fact.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

I don't think they want to compete or even play in the arena with these cars. I actually don't think Chrysler cares if they sell these. I think the point is to get people talking about it and them, and whether you like this car and the idea of it or not..... To that, they are already succeeding.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug

In my opinion, having a car with 700 unusable HP, is like having 40s on stock axles that never leaves the pavement... not worthy of oohs and aahs. It is what it is, sorry man.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

You're obsessing on trashing the chassis without knowing the specs or real world performance when the least expensive rig on the list above costs over $200k with several costing north of $1M.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
The current SRT Challenger chassis does not belong even in the same galaxy as the other cars on that list.

Neither does its price.

If Chrysler is wanting to compete with the cars on that list then that car will be COMPLETELY new, from the ground up and will be in the same price range as those cars.

Who the hell said they were, or were trying to, or wanted to.......

If that doesn't happen, then what is the point of having a production car with over 700 hp?

Because it's a ton of power, with a warranty, that is really cool, and just fun......for some people I guess.

There isn't one, just cool points for being able to state that fact.

What does this even mean?

To each his own :idontknow:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
If Chrysler is wanting to compete with the cars on that list then that car will be COMPLETELY new, from the ground up and will be in the same price range as those cars.

Not true. Hypothetically make a PRODUCTION 750hp Viper and it will compete and it's still less than half the price of the most budget friendly rig on the list. I'm not intentionally picking on you. I'm just annoyed at the nonsense posts. I should just stfu and remember that your opinion, no matter how misguided is still your opinion.

2013CGJKU

You're obsessing on trashing the chassis without knowing the specs or real world performance when the least expensive rig on the list above costs over $200k with several costing north of $1M.

You're making my point with the money factor.

I am speculating, as everyone here is since none of us have driven it, that IF they don't make some serious changes to the chassis then it WILL be a turd with tons of unusable HP. IF they figure out how to properly put the power down then it WILL be a feat of automotive greatness that, (other than the Vette) major auto manufacturers in the US have needed for a long time, which leads me to believe that Chrysler will finally build a Viper that will hang with the rest of the super cars out there. Which would be amazing to see.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Jeez, I'm not so sure how serious you are but this is getting old and you are wrong.

I am speculating, as everyone here is since none of us have driven it, that IF they don't make some serious changes to the chassis then it WILL be a turd with tons of unusable HP.

A turd compared to what? Compared to the Mclaren P1? compared to a Toyota Camary? Compared to what Chrysler was aiming for?

IF they figure out how to properly put the power down then it WILL be a feat of automotive greatness that, (other than the Vette) major auto manufacturers in the US have needed for a long time

It's a f*@king 700hp muscle car....it's not supposed to put the power down like your grandma's Toyota. This just shows you lack of intelligence. Name one non-American rwd car that is less than $200k with anything near this amount of power that also doesn't light up the rear end every time you go WOT. That's why there is this thing in the front seat called a "driver" and he uses this thing by his right foot called a "gas pedal" to make the car do what he wants it to. EDIT: oh and the Vette has 257hp less

which leads me to believe that Chrysler will finally build a Viper that will hang with the rest of the super cars out there. Which would be amazing to see.

While I would also like to see and updated Viper and the long awaited ACR with rumored 1,500lbs of aero downforce, 750hp and real track tires, I don't believe it will happen as long as Ferrari is part of the corporate tree. Can't have a sub $200k Viper posting better Ring times the the La Ferrari.

I think Carlos Lago justifies the Challenger with his review. It's not a numbers car. It doesn't live for the corners. Rather, like its styling suggests, it is a modern classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRzK2SoJS9M&list=PLEFAC5D656286E89B&index=101

And I agree with this.... I didn't mean to start a bickering match, I was just saying I would rather have something like this -> http://www.gtrnissan.com/ for the ~$100k that my guess the 700HP Challenger will come in at. But hey, that's me and to each their own. The Harley Guys have been blisfully making noise and going no-where for years :D Why not the Dodge guys too :cheesy:

2013CGJKU

Jeez, I'm not so sure how serious you are but this is getting old and you are wrong.

A turd compared to what? Compared to the Mclaren P1? compared to a Toyota Camary? Compared to what Chrysler was aiming for?

It's a f*@king 700hp muscle car....it's not supposed to put the power down like your grandma's Toyota. This just shows you lack of intelligence. Name one non-American rwd car that is less than $200k with anything near this amount of power that also doesn't light up the rear end every time you go WOT. That's why there is this thing in the front seat called a "driver" and he uses this thing by his right foot called a "gas pedal" to make the car do what he wants it to. EDIT: oh and the Vette has 257hp less

While I would also like to see and updated Viper and the long awaited ACR with rumored 1,500lbs of aero downforce, 750hp and real track tires, I don't believe it will happen as long as Ferrari is part of the corporate tree. Can't have a sub $200k Viper posting better Ring times the the La Ferrari.

Slow down killer... This is all speculation on a car that none of us have any real facts on yet, just an HP mark.

If they get the job done properly, and it's an even semi usable American Coupe with 700 HP, it will be very exciting, even just for the fact that it will be a great sign of what's coming. The car might be great, not likely, but who knows.

A turd compared to EVERY SINGLE other production car with over 700 hp on the planet.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with this but I just see it ending up like that 750 whp Civic or Silverado or whatever other bad chassis people are stuffing too much HP under the hood of that most of us have seen. What's it really good for? Highway pulls, but don't expect it to stop or to turn or to be able to put that power down exiting a turn. It'll be fun on the back half of a quarter mile but won't put down the times that everyone will expect it to.

Sorry to be ruffling everyone's feathers, but it's my opinion that a car should be able to use it's HP. If they pull it off I will be the first one applauding it.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Devallee

With that much hp, it will likely be impossible to get that power to the ground without spinning. Perfect for drifting! I'd take one just for that and have a blast on the drift tracks :cool:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

07JKSahara

I also don't feel ruffled. But... With all this talk about super cars, I want to drive VERY fast when I leave work... Maybe Dodge got the right reaction after all.

jhires

... but it's my opinion that a car should be able to use it's HP. If they pull it off I will be the first one applauding it.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Depends on what you use the horsepower for.

I have a 1970 F100 with a bored and stroked 429 putting out around 450hp and 500+ ft/lbs of torque. Used to be more, but it's getting a bit tired after 15 years of my abuse. I use all that horsepower for making a lot of noise, and a lot of smoke with my tires. It's pretty much useless for anything else. I also didn't expect it to be useful for anything else either. It can't stop, it can't corner, gears are too low to go fast, has no traction, and even the stall converter prevents me from doing any serious load hauling. But it is a helluva lot of fun.

I think this factory buildout is pretty much the same exercise. Lots of noise, lots of burning tires and smoke, and a lot of people thinking it's pretty cool. A few people will even buy it for no other reasons than those mentioned.

2013CGJKU

Depends on what you use the horsepower for.

I have a 1970 F100 with a bored and stroked 429 putting out around 450hp and 500+ ft/lbs of torque. Used to be more, but it's getting a bit tired after 15 years of my abuse. I use all that horsepower for making a lot of noise, and a lot of smoke with my tires. It's pretty much useless for anything else. I also didn't expect it to be useful for anything else either. It can't stop, it can't corner, gears are too low to go fast, has no traction, and even the stall converter prevents me from doing any serious load hauling. But it is a helluva lot of fun.

I think this factory buildout is pretty much the same exercise. Lots of noise, lots of burning tires and smoke, and a lot of people thinking it's pretty cool. A few people will even buy it for no other reasons than those mentioned.

Which is fun from time to time, and looks cool sitting in a parking lot. Should that cost 6 figures? IMO, no freaking way. Haha!

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Armydog

IMO, horsepower is exactly what it is- power! It's all about COOL POINTS in my book. Performance and handling are a completely different topic. I love my Sline Audi A4. Turbo charged all wheel drive, she handles very well with some limited horsepower. But old fashioned American spin the tires till they're bald, smoke up the neighborhood, make some sick noise horsepower is a whole different story.... One that I would love to play with a little bit.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Top Bottom