Holy gods of horsepower - Hellcat 707 HP

kyleolson

I didn't read through the whole thread.. but I saw the car the other day online... I wouldn't complain having one of these.. heheheheeh.. I saw that they have 2 key fobs. a red one and a black one. the black one I guess limits you to 500HP... ONLY 500hp.. I guess that would slow down the valet or your kids right? :p

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I also saw where they are going to do on this and the 392 Scat Pack a "captain's call" exhaust which I think is an awesome feature.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I don't care if some don't like it.... A 10 second pass with a warranty. I'm calling my dealer tomorrow and putting my name on one.

Ridiculous amount of horsepower.......posting a 10.85@126.18mph on D.O.T. legal drag radials......11.20@125mph on OEM tires.......Chrysler just one upped the competition with this beast.........curious on what the 60' time was on the 10.85 blast.....i'm sure there was still some tire spin on the launch......this car on 10.5" M&H slicks dialed in probably would run in the sub 10.50 range at or near 130 mph trap speed........not bad for a factory stock vehicle eh?......MSRP is $60k.....but you can bet the dealer will add another $20k-$30k or more to that price in what they normally call "Fair market price"........I don't see this vehicle going for less than $85k anywhere.......this car will be bought by disposable income collectors and they may even drive the price up because of the demand among them........I'm sure Jay Leno already has one in his garage by now.........oh to be RICH

~Woodrow~

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Ridiculous amount of horsepower.......posting a 10.85@126.18mph on D.O.T. legal drag radials......11.20@125mph on OEM tires.......Chrysler just one upped the competition with this beast.........curious on what the 60' time was on the 10.85 blast.....i'm sure there was still some tire spin on the launch......this car on 10.5" M&H slicks dialed in probably would run in the sub 10.50 range at or near 130 mph trap speed........not bad for a factory stock vehicle eh?......MSRP is $60k.....but you can bet the dealer will add another $20k-$30k or more to that price in what they normally call "Fair market price"........I don't see this vehicle going for less than $85k anywhere.......this car will be bought by disposable income collectors and they may even drive the price up because of the demand among them........I'm sure Jay Leno already has one in his garage by now.........oh to be RICH

~Woodrow~

Jay already posted a video on his you Leno garage page with a review

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Smokin did you order an auto or standard?

Can't wait to see pics and a review.

The GSM of the dealership is a good friend of mine so there were no forms filled out or paperwork submitted on my part. I just called him and didn't specify anything other than color (red, silver, or black). I would prefer standard, but quite honestly I didn't even think of that. Should bring this all up when I call him tomorrow

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Charger Hellcat

Well, it gets even wilder. One of the worst secrets recently has been that a Charger Hellcat was on its way. This morning it was unveiled and this is surprising.

It is even faster than the Challenger Hellcat!

Bone stock it will run a 11.00 sec quarter mile on street tires (Challenger - 11.2sec) and run all the way out to 204mph (Challenger - 199mph).

Pretty impressive. One of the lines from the unveil this morning was, "the most powerful, quickest, fastest sedan on the planet, no asterisks".

Now if they could just figure out how to make a JK run cool we'd be doing alright.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Well, it gets even wilder. One of the worst secrets recently has been that a Charger Hellcat was on its way. This morning it was unveiled and this is surprising.

It is even faster than the Challenger Hellcat!

Bone stock it will run a 11.00 sec quarter mile on street tires (Challenger - 11.2sec) and run all the way out to 204mph (Challenger - 199mph).

Pretty impressive. One of the lines from the unveil this morning was, "the most powerful, quickest, fastest sedan on the planet, no asterisks".

Now if they could just figure out how to make a JK run cool we'd be doing alright.

The charger is simply too ugly. That's my personal opinion but it just looks like a rental/police car.

If they've extended the platform to the charger I would be surprised of the WK2 grand cherokee doesn't get one...I know the GC SRT crowd would pounce on this....or maybe even a Ram 1500.

I'm so surprised that no one has figured out how to properly cool a JK with a big engine or a force fed one. I suppose our cooling demands are rather unique since we need to cool massive loads at under 3mph. Basically the fans and basic convection have to do all the work

Last edited:
Top Bottom