Houston area SnG March 14th

txwest

Just checked my rodeo shift schedule. I have a shift the 14th from Noon-6pm. I will be willing to meet up if y'all are somewhere close. I'll need something to wash down all the dust from the rodeo.

Hobolobo

Alright guys, lets hear some suggestions on where to do this. I'm not very familiar with any area that isn't the far east side or Jersey Village area, so let's try to find somewhere central for everyone. Keep spreading the word on this. I know there's more Houstonians than this.

Jackal01

There are quite a few places at 249/Louetta in The Vintage. 249 and 1960 has a BJs Brewhouse, Chilis, Whiskey River, bunch of places around there (Willowbrook Mall area). Brick House Tavern 249/Gessner just a tad south of 1960 off 249.

My vote is Brick House. Outdoor/patio seating. Good food and drinks.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Alright guys, lets hear some suggestions on where to do this. I'm not very familiar with any area that isn't the far east side or Jersey Village area, so let's try to find somewhere central for everyone. Keep spreading the word on this. I know there's more Houstonians than this.

Just off the top of my head, rather large parking area, more then enough for a few jeeps...

- Black Walnut Cafe off Memorial Dr. has decent, wide selection of food/drinks and is rather family friendly for those who wish to attend with there children? I dont know, We don't usually eat out and are relatively new to the area.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xcd4a5252b59c8d14

- Also, a little outside of the 610 loop is a pretty good Mexican Place, again with plenty of parking and a nice, family place with outdoor patio.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xfcdfd9d971f88824

- maybe the old Bubba's Texas Burger Shack? here we can crawl the gravel parking lot :cheesy: and enjoy some of the best buffalo burgers around. (Beef is also available)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...2!3m1!1s0x8640c1777e570cd3:0x1d68b960096f7098

I'm just throwing out options, But am really open to anywhere. :clap2:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
theres a good amount of places around the downtown area with great food, just always has small parking spots. unless we park in a parking garage :idontknow:

or are we thinking more of out skirts of downtown?

Hobolobo

theres a good amount of places around the downtown area with great food, just always has small parking spots. unless we park in a parking garage :idontknow:

Im personally trying to stay out of downtown. I don't want to have to pay to park in spots that are usually too small for anything that isn't a prius. That's if you can find a spot at all on a sat night.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

I thought we were talking about a inner 610 loop meet, but everyone else keeps posting up in the Cypress Area, outside of Beltway 8 :naw: :doh: where you thinking?

Im personally trying to stay out of downtown. I don't want to have to pay to park in spots that are usually too small for anything that isn't a prius. That's if you can find a spot at all on a sat night.

x Infinity

Jackal01

The places I mentioned (except the vintage) are literally within a mile of the beltway so not that bad. Just trying to think of a place that had a nice parking lot, patio seating to see our rigs, good food and good selection of beer/drinks. If only Flying Saucer was not downtown.

Jackal01

There's a brick house at 290 and bingle, too. I just don't think inside the loop is gonna offer much but I am probably wrong.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
The places I mentioned (except the vintage) are literally within a mile of the beltway so not that bad. Just trying to think of a place that had a nice parking lot, patio seating to see our rigs, good food and good selection of beer/drinks. If only Flying Saucer was not downtown.

Dont get me wrong, Im down for checking out new places and meeting Jeep peeps and checking out rigs, but the north (Cypress/woodlands/spring) already has meets every week (HJP) and the southeast as well with (SETX), Katy with (KORE); and im sure there are more... But it would be awesome to have a HOUSTON meet. that is all im saying. :yup: Love meeting new peeps, but driving 40+ miles round trip in traffic, not so much...

Last edited:

Jackal01

Dont get me wrong, Im down for checking out new places and meeting Jeep peeps and checking out rigs, but the north (Cypress/woodlands/spring) already has meets every week (HJP) and the southeast as well with (SETX), Katy with (KORE); and im sure there are more... But it would be awesome to have a HOUSTON meet. that is all im saying. :yup: Love meeting new peeps, but driving 40+ miles round trip in traffic, not so much...

Where ever the majority wants to meet is where we should go. I guess I don't understand the "Houston meet" part...it is Houston where the places I suggested are.

Top Bottom