Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I would be down to wrench a little. I've done my drag link flip.

PM sent!

The 13/16" drill bit i ordered has a 1/2" shank, and I THOUGHT my drill had a 1/2" chuck, turns out the chuck on the drill is 3/8" So if anyone is coming to help, could you bring a 1/2"+ chuck drill I can use to dill the knuckle? otherwise I'll have to buy one before the weekend. Thanks.

BobbyGTX

I dont know if you guys can see this or not (if your on facebook?) but now that I have completed the Long Arms on my jeep, Thought maybe some of you may be interested in a wrench party?

https://www.facebook.com/events/420902904775144/

For those of you w/o Facebook or if you cant view the event because I have no clue what I'm doing...

This Saturday 12/19/2015 @ around 10am (Tentative) near the Houston IKEA (pm for address)

INSTALL: Evo 4" Double D Long Arm Lift Kit w/ Drag Link Flip

Itinerary:
Install and Bleed Stainless Brake lines
Install Shocks & Springs
Drill and Install High Steer correction (Drag Link Flip)
Cut and Install Trac Bar Relocation Brackets (Front & Rear)
Break down OEM tires & Remove TPMS
Mount TPMS and New Tires on Beadlock wheels
Full Alignment (Adjust Long Arms & Set Pinion Angles Front & Rear)

What can you bring to help?
1x HiLift Jack (Break tire beads)
1x Sawzall w/ metal blades (rear trac bar bracket)
1x Grinder w/ metal disks (rear trac bar bracket)
1x 5 gallon bucket (to help mount tires on beadlocks, I have 1)
1x good angle finder (set pinion)
1x large 16mm+ cresent wrench (for jam nuts on control arms)
* Something useful to help square up the axles (trial and error process, I have never done it before)
* Anything else that you want to bring! (again, I have never done this before)

I do not think Everything will get done on saturday, so we may have to either spill over to after the holidays (Early January)
Please let me know if your interested. I know @Jackal01 and @daverawr mentioned they would like to help out, I just dont know if you guys are available this weekend or not... Let me know.

I could probably stop by should be free after 10. I have a Grinder and Sawzall I don't have to much experience in don't mind helping out.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I could probably stop by should be free after 10. I have a Grinder and Sawzall I don't have to much experience in don't mind helping out.
wrench party seems to be kind of a bust, I still plan on working on the jeep, and of course your welcome to come help out. Address sent via PM. :thumb:

Last edited:

daverawr

Looks like we're in luck. I will be there for a little bit probably from around 3pm-6 or 7pm. My gf will be working that day so it will be just me and maybe our puppy. Will leave a bit early cause we will be going to Barnwells the morning after so will need to get home and get everything packed

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Looks like we're in luck. I will be there for a little bit probably from around 3pm-6 or 7pm. My gf will be working that day so it will be just me and maybe our puppy. Will leave a bit early cause we will be going to Barnwells the morning after so will need to get home and get everything packed

Nice Dave! Check for PM! :thumb:

Kyle7R

4Hz7SZm.jpg

Finally found a matching spare.
Now it's time to order a tire carrier. Kinda between the Crawler Conceptz body mount, or the Or-Fab. Anybody have experience with either, or any other suggestions?

2013CGJKU

4Hz7SZm.jpg

Finally found a matching spare.
Now it's time to order a tire carrier. Kinda between the Crawler Conceptz body mount, or the Or-Fab. Anybody have experience with either, or any other suggestions?

Lookin good man!

Can't help you on those tire carriers though! Sorry!

Kyle7R

I heard of a Jeep gathering down at Twin Peaks in Clear Lake coming up, anybody know anything about it or planning on going?

Otherwise, what other Jeep activities are going on around these parts?

Hobolobo

I heard of a Jeep gathering down at Twin Peaks in Clear Lake coming up, anybody know anything about it or planning on going?

Otherwise, what other Jeep activities are going on around these parts?

I haven't heard anything about it, but definitely interested. I'm also thinking its about time for another Houston area meet up or hidden falls run.

Hobolobo

Well lets try to get something together, I'm thinking one of the last 2 saturdays in april. Open to suggestions though.

Packers937

I'm up for either. And yep, it's getting closer to beach weather. San Luis Pass can be fun for some mild mudding... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457020378.917229.jpg

Kyle7R

I'm up for either. And yep, it's getting closer to beach weather. San Luis Pass can be fun for some mild mudding... View attachment 191175

I've never been down that far, but I'd be willing to give it a go! We always just run down to Bolivar and down Crystal Beach.

Thought San Luis would be a hell of a lot farther, but according to Google Maps its about the same from my side of town.

Top Bottom