Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Kyle7R

Anybody headed to go topless weekend at crystal beach this year? May 15-16. I'm headed up there with my wife and another couple and we're looking to see if anybody was interested in sharing a beach house.

We will be down there at least for the day Saturday.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Anyone have a jig zaw I could barrow for the weekend? I need to trim these damn fenders, Ive been putting it off for to long. I have an old one and may try to use it, but its always nice to use properly functioning tools... :cheesy:

Kyle7R

Anyone have a jig zaw I could barrow for the weekend? I need to trim these damn fenders, Ive been putting it off for to long. I have an old one and may try to use it, but its always nice to use properly functioning tools... :cheesy:

I got one, don't know if I've got a blade that'd be any good for plastics though.

tdougherty81

Might be better with a cutoff wheel. But I have a jigsaw you can use.

2013CGJKU

I did mine with a cutoff wheel... holy smokes there was molten plastic flying everywhere! Haha! Just a fair warning.

Hobolobo

I did the ones on my '14 with a cutoff wheel. Just start a little inside your marked lines as you may get some meltage from the plastic. And yes. Wear glasses at least. That crap goes everywhere.

Kyle7R

I keep watching youtube videos and the jig saw looks like the best bet

You're welcome to mine, I have a corded one, and a cordless (which Might be easier, it's a little lighter) depending on when you plan on doing it I wouldn't be opposed to supervising :beer:

daverawr

San Luis is nice but not in for mudding there.... It's asking for corrosion to parts. But down for some fun in the sand

Kyle7R

San Luis is nice but not in for mudding there.... It's asking for corrosion to parts. But down for some fun in the sand

I avoid mud most anywhere I go! Right after any beach trip I park the Jeep in the driveway with a couple sprinklers underneath it.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
You're welcome to mine, I have a corded one, and a cordless (which Might be easier, it's a little lighter) depending on when you plan on doing it I wouldn't be opposed to supervising :beer:

Well, it's official. I am NOT qualified to cut fenders. Nope. I did a GREAT job on the under supports, but the fenders themselves are another story. I left some extra material on the fenders from where I want them to end up... but it's just awful, i didnt even start on the rears because the front came out so bad...

I need to employ a fender trimming expert who can duplicate Moby/Rubicat fenders, a stickler for symmetry, and will work for beer and good jeep company... seriously...

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Well, it's official. I am NOT qualified to cut fenders. Nope. I did a GREAT job on the under supports, but the fenders themselves are another story. I left some extra material on the fenders from where I want them to end up... but it's just awful, i didnt even start on the rears because the front came out so bad...

I need to employ a fender trimming expert who can duplicate Moby/Rubicat fenders, a stickler for symmetry, and will work for beer and good jeep company... seriously...

Just tell people it's from rock damage on all the badass trails you run. :thumb:

daverawr

I'll help out for some pizza and a few shots [emoji106]🏽 haha

Exodus 4x4

I'll help out for some pizza and a few shots [emoji106]🏽 haha

Dude, let Dave do it. Anybody that can cut there fenders at 2am and have them come out that good deserves a shot at it. Better yet, give him the pizza and shots first.

Top Bottom