Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

YahooEarth

I live in Downtown. I'm out of town a lot for work, but would love to meet up with some fellow jeepers in December to do some wheelin'. Would rather not have to winch myself all on my own for my first time when I get stuck somewhere ;)

-Michael

2013CGJKU

I live in Downtown. I'm out of town a lot for work, but would love to meet up with some fellow jeepers in December to do some wheelin'. Would rather not have to winch myself all on my own for my first time when I get stuck somewhere ;)

-Michael

Put you on the list Michael!

Levi
2013 CG JKU

shadow21

-Michael

December 2nd a group of Jeep guys will meet off of W Dallas St at a Bar called The Refinery. Not a lot of people normally 6-10 Jeeps but we just have some beers and hang out hope to see you there.

Jackal01

December 2nd a group of Jeep guys will meet off of W Dallas St at a Bar called The Refinery. Not a lot of people normally 6-10 Jeeps but we just have some beers and hang out hope to see you there.

Is this a HJP event? Will HJP be there?

I would be interested in going.

shadow21

Is this a HJP event? Will HJP be there?

I would be interested in going.

The meet was started by the people who hated HJP meet ups so they branched off and started this meet. The next meet is actually the 11th of this month I believe.

Jackal01

The meet was started by the people who hated HJP meet ups so they branched off and started this meet. The next meet is actually the 11th of this month I believe.

That is the reason I asked. I joined their FB group back when I had FB and I couldn't even take all the BS on their page so I would prefer not to be around HJP (at least those that like HJP).

So this meetup may work. So the 11th and not 2nd?

shadow21

That is the reason I asked. I joined their FB group back when I had FB and I couldn't even take all the BS on their page so I would prefer not to be around HJP (at least those that like HJP).

So this meetup may work. So the 11th and not 2nd?

It's every other Tuesday so I think it should be the 11th.

Lulu

Brand new- so new I haven't even bought one yet

Hey Peeps!
Just curious who ordered vs bought off the lot- instant gratification or wait for what you really want?
It's almost impossible to find a manual transmission now, is an automatic the norm?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm chaulk full o'them. I lost custody of my last Jeep in a divorce, the douchebag knew how to hurt me.

Lulu

And whoopsie!! NW Houston! 1960 & 290!!!

Last edited:

2013CGJKU

Hey Peeps!
Just curious who ordered vs bought off the lot- instant gratification or wait for what you really want?
It's almost impossible to find a manual transmission now, is an automatic the norm?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm chaulk full o'them. I lost custody of my last Jeep in a divorce, the douchebag knew how to hurt me.

Lulu

Thanks for chiming in! I will add you to the list Lulu!

I would definitely advise against the off the lot gratification as far as the aftermarket stuff they will try to sell you.

You don't want to pay interest on parts that will NEVER last the life of the loan, like tires and shocks. Especially if you are going to Northwest Dodge. They will end up charging you like an extra 8 grand for like 1500 bucks worth of horrible ProComp and Smittybilt parts... and to add insult to injury, you will pay interest on it even after you realize how bad it all is and it ends up in the garbage after you replace it with what you should have bought from the get go.

I've got a manual. I was lucky and they had exactly what I wanted on the lot. You may have to build one if you don't get lucky like I did. Automatics are definitely the norm these days though. They are easier to wheel but I like how much more interesting things are when you wheel a manual... just my personal preference.

Levi
2013 CG JKU

Edit: I realized that my original post didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Hey Peeps!

Lulu

I actually ordered my wrangler the way i wanted. i figured hell if i know im going to keep this till the wheels fall off, might as well get it exactly how i want. all the other rubicons on the lot were fully loaded, painted top and fenders. which is what i didnt want (personal preference).
all i wanted was the 4:10 gearing(auto) and black hardtop. and i was more than happy to wait for the shipment. makes you want the jeep that much more lol.

shadow21

Hey Peeps!

Lulu

Personally I waited so I can get what I want. If you really want a manual order one from the dealer. I bought my 2914 for 27,500 and lifted it off the lot all in all I prob have 30-31k in the jeep (including purchase price). If I would have bought a lifted Jeep off the lot it would have been 40-43k new. That's a jeep with the same exact options that I have on mine.

Jackal01

Do not buy Jeep with the toys added. So much mark up. When I was shopping a dealership had a '14 JKUS with XRC bumpers and pro comp lift for like $38,000. Absolutely crazy.

I bought my 2914 for 27,500 .

First Christmas season starts in October and now automobiles coming out 900 years early...what is this world coming to! :cheesy:

Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Do not buy Jeep with the toys added. So much mark up. Whe I was shopping a dealership had a '14 JKUS with XRC bumpers and pro comp lift for like $38,000. Absolutely crazy.

First Christmas season starts in October and now automobiles coming out 900 years early...what is this world coming to! :cheesy:

:cheesy::cheesy:

Lulu

:cheesy::cheesy:

900 years early, means I've got plenty of time to decide!

I get very attached to my vehicle. This one I've promised I'm going to paint pink so no dude will ever want to steal it from me. :)
(current husband is not impressed with that choice) My current vehicle is the mom-mobile, a 2003 Denali XL, so i'm pretty much looking for the total opposite of that. Manual vs automatic? I know traffic is a pain, but does it have the hsp to make the dash to make a move in a commute? or will the stick always win out?

And hard top vs soft top? Can't you get both??

Not saying I'm a plain jane, but I know a Jeep is like the ultimate girl vehicle- SO MANY AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES!!!

At NW Dodge- they've got extras added like vin etching in the windows and some kind of paint sealant...wtf is that for? someone should remind them THE DOORS COME OFF!

Did anyone use the "tread lightly" discount option? Or possibly something like shopping via costco?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hey Peeps!

Lulu

I ordered mine :thumb: Manual JKUR Hard Rock... the 8 week build time was totally worth it.

WHEN ARE WE GOING WHEELING GUYS!?! Hidden falls convoy/weekend before the new year!? I'm off from 12/19-1/5! Lets get something going. (Currently STOCK ridehight Jeep)

Last edited:
Top Bottom