It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

Skid_Kid

It has been a long time coming!!!! I am happy to hear that Moby is finally going home! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

I am currently having a 6.0/ 6L80E/ atlas installed in my JK sitting on 37s currently i am running 5.38 gears but was planning on changing gears back to a 4.88 or 4.56. Do you think i should stick with the 5.38s or re-gear? also what was the RPM's at highway speeds?

What transfer case are you going to be running? Either way, I might just stick with the 5.38's and only regear IF you feel the need for it after the fact. Moby runs at a cool 2200 RPM at 75 MPH.

Well thats a shame, those mud grapplers were pretty new weren't they?

Yeah, pretty new but a lot to be pushing on a PR44.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So we finally got around to taking Moby down to the Carson City DMV so that he could officially get registered as a Nevada resident. What we found is that we first had to make a stop over at the VIN Inspection Station which was for the most part, just a basic VIN and valid registration check. After that, we simply took the certificate we got inside the DMV and pay the required fees. All this took minutes to do and the best part is - THERE'S NO SMOG CHECK required in Carson City County!! :wings:

Here's the number we were given but was really unnecessary as we pretty much were the next one in line...
main.php

And just like that, Moby was officially a Nevada resident. :thumb:

main.php

We also ordered personalized plates and hope to have them soon! :yup:

1BAMFR

So we finally got around to taking Moby down to the Carson City DMV so that he could officially get registered as a Nevada resident. What we found is that we first had to make a stop over at the VIN Inspection Station which was for the most part, just a basic VIN and valid registration check. After that, we simply took the certificate we got inside the DMV and pay the required fees. All this took minutes to do and the best part is - THERE'S NO SMOG CHECK required in Carson City County!! :wings:

Here's the number we were given but was really unnecessary as we pretty much were the next one in line...
main.php

And just like that, Moby was officially a Nevada resident. :thumb:

main.php

We also ordered personalized plates and hope to have them soon! :yup:

I bet you feel like you just bought a new Jeep!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Congrats it's official! Those old California WAL/WOL plates are going to look sweet in that bitchin' garage of yours. 👍🇺🇸

Top Bottom