Feel like a stalker

Moby
View attachment 61932 View attachment 61933

Rubicat
View attachment 61934
View attachment 61936

Not sure what u saw but this is what I got

Looking good NorNev!

Thanks rc I think there was a problem with my apples my phone & iPad were showing rubicat (dozer) on this thread & the pics on what was done to your rig were all 3 of rubicat... Idk I got bad apples I guess my bad sorry I'm very aware of which one is which I'm always stalking their pics & videos :D maybe I'll make that my new sig line... Sent from bad apples... Lol

Rccrwlr

Thanks rc I think there was a problem with my apples my phone & iPad were showing rubicat (dozer) on this thread & the pics on what was done to your rig were all 3 of rubicat... Idk I got bad apples I guess my bad sorry I'm very aware of which one is which I'm always stalking their pics & videos :D maybe I'll make that my new sig line... Sent from bad apples... Lol

I like it!

Sent from bad apples. Aka Panda

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Heading up over the Sierra's today and the ETC and check engine light came on. Tach started to waver between 2k and 3k and then cut out. Without the tach, the fan stopped working and so we quickly started to overheat. Turning off the motor and turning it back on got things working again but, the same thing happen again. Just sent a text to MoTech and waiting to hear what they have to say.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388953496.597767.jpg

JK12

Heading up over the Sierra's today and the ETC and check engine light came on. Tach started to waver between 2k and 3k and then cut out. Without the tach, the fan stopped working and so we quickly started to overheat. Turning off the motor and turning it back on got things working again but, the same thing happen again. Just sent a text to MoTech and waiting to hear what they have to say.

View attachment 63053

Would this be the first gremlin you've had since you had him in your hands? I'm sorry I hope everything gets figured out

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
MoTech was nice enough to respond on a Sunday and said I should check the crank trigger wheel on harmonic balancer to make sure it's not damaged and clear of anything like a bag or tree limb. I just looked and everything looks good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would this be the first gremlin you've had since you had him in your hands? I'm sorry I hope everything gets figured out

Well, we did have a belt squeak but a new gatorback belt that MoTech provided took care if that. Otherwise, yes,this is the first.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Started driving again and for the most part, things are running fine. The problem only happens when the transmission down shifts a couple of gears down on a steep grade like we're on right now. When it throttles up, the ETC light comes on along with the check engine light. Most of the time, the tach still works but sometimes, it'll start bouncing from 2k to 3k and sometimes cut out all together. That's when the fan stops working and we over heat.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That sucks! Hopefully they can get you dialed in soon. You've been without Moby for far too long to question his reliability on the road (or in the sticks.)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
MoTech thinks it's the crank sensor - thinks it might be on too tight. He said a triggerless setup is coming soon but if our setup was on right, we shouldn't have this problem. We're most likely going to be in the Vegas area later on this week so we may just stop by and have him give things a look.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Aww man that sucks!!! Hope they get it resolved quickly and it is just something as simple as the sensor being installed too tight!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
MoTech thinks it's the crank sensor - thinks it might be on too tight. He said a triggerless setup is coming soon but if our setup was on right, we shouldn't have this problem. We're most likely going to be in the Vegas area later on this week so we may just stop by and have him give things a look.

Sorry to hear your having issues with moby. I am sure it will get figured out. Gives you a reason to go to Vegas. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom