It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
OMG! You'll never look back!!
This could be one of the baddest all around JK's ever built.
You checked all the right boxes.
Moby Lives!!:clap2:

Big-T

Sounds like a great plan. I love Jeeps with V8's in them. Something about the Power to weight ratio, the feel and sound. Not to mention they are just Bad-ass on and off road (for lack of a better description):yup:. Just curious, So was there any reason you picked an LS over a Hemi? and the Atlas 3.1 vs 3.8 ? Really like the set up for sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
what you doing with the 37's?

Not 100% sure. We may hang on to them as the last time I went in to get a smog with 40's on, the tech was concerned that our Jeep would fly off the dyno. :crazyeyes: Otherwise, we'll sell them.

Hey Eddie,
I found what your bike would look like if you had one and supersized it!:)

View attachment 25298

I saw Eddie on his bike!...haha

View attachment 25308

:cheesy: Those are great :clap2:

Just curious, So was there any reason you picked an LS over a Hemi? and the Atlas 3.1 vs 3.8 ? Really like the set up for sure.

Everyone we know with a HEMI has over heating issues and, from what we have seen so far, this is not an issue with the LS. Unlike a HEMI, there is a lot of support for LS motors and they are much easier to program. We also like the fact they are lighter than a HEMI (about the same weight as a 3.8L motor), smaller and therefore fits better in a JK, has lots of aftermarket support/parts can be found anywhere, provides better MPG and we've heard a lot of good things about the 6L80 tranny.

Charlie Mike

This is awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product. A little wayalife video of the whole swap process would be cool to see. :thumb:

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
Congrats on the LS deal! Once u get it all together u can come down here and unleash all that power in the mud bogs. Lol!

Napalm90

Not 100% sure. We may hang on to them as the last time I went in to get a smog with 40's on, the tech was concerned that our Jeep would fly off the dyno. :crazyeyes: Otherwise, we'll sell them.

I will buy them if you decide to sell them and I will pay for shipping if you will ship them too new york...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WooHoo!! Just got word from MoTech that most of our parts should be shipping out today or tomorrow. :wings:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
So Eddie,

Once you have Moby back on road with upgrades:thumb:, tell me something:yup: how am I going to keep up with you?:doh: Your going to have to stop every few miles and wait for me to catch up!:cheesy::thumb::yup: Can't wait to see MOBY on the road:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! I bet you guys are excited!:thumb:

Oh yeah, super excited!! :D

So Eddie,

Once you have Moby back on road with upgrades:thumb:, tell me something:yup: how am I going to keep up with you?:doh: Your going to have to stop every few miles and wait for me to catch up!:cheesy::thumb::yup: Can't wait to see MOBY on the road:thumb:

LOL!! We paid extra to get the cruise control option. Painful as it will be to do, I suppose I can just make sure to set it at a reasonable speed. :D

Top Bottom