JK's JK Rubicon Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I ordered the rear bracket off so I could modify to fit my long arm kit. The Rubicon express long arm kit bolts right where they weld the rear bracket. Have to take it to a local shop so they can fab something for the set up. It sucks but at lease I know I have something strong.

Ah. Adapt and overcome. I like. 👍

JK's JK

Banned
Do you need those Spidertrax for tire clearance or just for to add some territory to your tires?:rock:

I ordered the Spidertrax wheel spacers because I'm going 37's this coming weekend. The 35's I have on my rig just barly fits and misses the rear arm. Here are some pic's that show how close the wheel is to the arm. The Nitto Grapplers that I'm going with are 13.5 as apposted to 12.5.

DSC01343.JPG DSC01344.JPG DSC01348.JPG DSC01349.JPG

JK's JK

Banned
Know the feeling well. Mine is like "what did you get this time" :banghead: ) BTW, i'm home! Just picked up my gasses to play with. Was like xmas day in my shop already:D

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Better not buy yourself something for xmas!!!! :blush:

JK's JK

Banned
Get those things welded on so we can hit some trails!!

Did you get yours yet from Vick and welded on? I'm thinking I'm going to call him tomorrow to set something up for the following weekend. I have to get him to fab those two rear brackets. I'm thinking square tubing to make those tight corners unless they can be done with round.

Conman

Did you get yours yet from Vick and welded on? I'm thinking I'm going to call him tomorrow to set something up for the following weekend. I have to get him to fab those two rear brackets. I'm thinking square tubing to make those tight corners unless they can be done with round.
Yup ordered. 5 to 7 business days

Toyjunkey

Good to see some one else on here with the r.e long arm I had the same issue when going to a wider tire looks like your going to have a sweet setup when your done

No axle shafts yet. They seam to be on back order.. Or something.:banghead: Getting tired of 4Wheel Parts, can't get what I need when I want it but "the other guys" can usually get it to me yesterday. Isn't there another place nearby that carries the same stuff? Visalia maybe?

Last edited:

JK's JK

Banned
Well this sucks. Called up American tire asking them if my tires will be in this coming Friday. They called up the distruibuter and now there saying they dont know when there coming in. I've got a buyer wanting the tires this weekend and now I'm MIA. Going to be a fun adventure trying to go to 37's.

JK's JK

Banned
No axle shafts yet. They seam to be on back order.. Or something.:banghead: Getting tired of 4Wheel Parts, can't get what I need when I want it but "the other guys" can usually get it to me yesterday.

Sounds like what I'm going though......:doh:

Well this sucks. Called up American tire asking them if my tires will be in this coming Friday. They called up the distruibuter and now there saying they dont know when there coming in. I've got a buyer wanting the tires this weekend and now I'm MIA. Going to be a fun adventure trying to go to 37's.

No, you can't have mine,lol.

To add insult to injury, my water pump is leaking. So, that has to get fixed before I do anything else. Did get the R/R ties and K&N intake today though,lol

No, you can't have mine,lol.

On second thought, you just need 3 more people along with me to lend you their spare for a few days.:D just one condition, you MUST post pics of your ride with 4 different sized/style wheels and tires on it.lmao

JK's JK

Banned
On second thought, you just need 3 more people along with me to lend you their spare for a few days.:D just one condition, you MUST post pics of your ride with 4 different sized/style wheels and tires on it.lmao

That would be a great idea but I'm very sure that would not work. I'm contiplating putting the jeep in the center of the garadge on jack stands!!! I know my wife would love that IDEA!!!!! :furious3::boohoo:

That would be a great idea but I'm very sure that would not work. I'm contiplating putting the jeep in the center of the garadge on jack stands!!! I know my wife would love that IDEA!!!!! :furious3::boohoo:

I would love to be the fly on the wall for that one,lol. I just installed my K&N system, you have got to get one of these!:thumbup: it sounds really throaty now, almost like a 4barrell,lol. Seems to be a bit quicker off the line.only took a quick drive with it and didnt get to see how it does on the hills by my house. Will also have to wait and see about the mpg gain but I'm thinking if it has a few more horses then the MPG should be a little better.

Conman

I would love to be the fly on the wall for that one,lol. I just installed my K&N system, you have got to get one of these!:thumbup: it sounds really throaty now, almost like a 4barrell,lol. Seems to be a bit quicker off the line.only took a quick drive with it and didnt get to see how it does on the hills by my house. Will also have to wait and see about the mpg gain but I'm thinking if it has a few more horses then the MPG should be a little better.

I wish I new you wanted one. I rep for K&N and can get killer deal on the fipk kits. I run one and they do sound good. Only annoying thing is that whistle at certain rpms

I wish I new you wanted one. I rep for K&N and can get killer deal on the fipk kits. I run one and they do sound good. Only annoying thing is that whistle at certain rpms

I got mine about 2 weeks ago, wish I had known because I'm thinking it's time for me to find a new 4x4 store to get my parts. It seems "that place" has a hard time getting my parts lately.. hey conman, since you are here, when are us locals gonna get together? I'm home for the next week or so.

Conman

I got mine about 2 weeks ago, wish I had known because I'm thinking it's time for me to find a new 4x4 store to get my parts. It seems "that place" has a hard time getting my parts lately.. hey conman, since you are here, when are us locals gonna get together? I'm home for the next week or so.

Lets put something together. I used to do all the suds and grubs down in so cal with all the Wayalifers and it was a good time. Even if its 3 or 4 of us we should meet up. Help me get something together.

I'm planning to be knee deep in Jeep tomorrow but if jk is up for it we can work around his schedule. The Mrs and I arent big drinkers anymore but I'm sure we can work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom