JKWrang's Black JKU Build Thread/ Story

JKWrang

So I just ordered LOD sliders at the wife's request in order to help her get on and out of the jeep and protect the rocker panels.

Good investment and they should be here later this month. I can't WAIT to get these things on. Anyone running these have any install tips??

Tigrcky

So I just ordered LOD sliders at the wife's request in order to help her get on and out of the jeep and protect the rocker panels.

Good investment and they should be here later this month. I can't WAIT to get these things on. Anyone running these have any install tips??

Measure once cut twice cuss thrice :cheesy:

JKWrang

Stage re-planning:

Sliders (have, awaiting install. Got sent the wrong sized (not 7/16 ) tap from Amazon. Way to go Amazon fulfillment! )
Rock Hard 4x4 Oil pan/Transmission skid (need to order)

Stage - lift upgrades (to prep for spring swap to plush rides):
-Extended brake lines
-Track Bar options, RHD with new bracket.
-JE Reel or Coast Front DS.
-Front LCA: looking into 2 options. Clayton or Rock Krawler. The Johnny Joints I need no convincing on.

Anyone out there able to help make a case for or against the Krawler Arms? I only need the front LCAs and most issues I read about were with the other 6 arms. Granted I know the EVO or Currie or even Clayton are THE best out there, I've always been one to weight out all options. JKS arms are out because for the same price I could have Clayton and that's a no brainer.

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Stage re-planning:

Sliders (have, awaiting install. Got sent the wrong sized (not 7/16 ) tap from Amazon. Way to go Amazon fulfillment! )
Rock Hard 4x4 Oil pan/Transmission skid (need to order)

Stage - lift upgrades (to prep for spring swap to plush rides):
-Extended brake lines
-Track Bar options, RHD with new bracket.
-JE Reel or Coast Front DS.
-Front LCA: looking into 2 options. Clayton or Rock Krawler. The Johnny Joints I need no convincing on.

Anyone out there able to help make a case for or against the Krawler Arms? I only need the front LCAs and most issues I read about were with the other 6 arms. Granted I know the EVO or Currie or even Clayton are THE best out there, I've always been one to weight out all options. JKS arms are out because for the same price I could have Clayton and that's a no brainer.

I'll preface this by saying I have no experience with either, but you're basically deciding whether you like the Krawler Joints or the Johnnie Joints. You said you need no convincing on the latter so I guess you'd prefer the Clayton arms.

JKWrang

What an eventful hump day we had yesterday!!

Worked with Noroad and DarkKnight1999 on the jeeps. Noroad got a lot accomplished with EVO Rockstar skids, front end rebuild and prepping the hydro blue jeep for an epic upfit.

We didn't take many pictures but the sliders are ON! The directions were a little lacking in certain areas but overall we overcame the install obstacles and even upgraded some of the hardware - which always just makes for a better feeling anyhow.

What do you think.... should I paint the face plates the they sent me white?

Attachments

• 1428015015238.jpg
    1428015015238.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 1428015026085.jpg
    1428015026085.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 112

JKWrang

Today was a good day too. Check this out.

35s
2.5" lift
Just added the extra weight of the sliders.
Removed the air damn that supports +mpg
Still on 3.21 gears

sorry if it's sideways. I sure didn't take it sideways.

But damn those MPG are good! All I did was change the stock air filter out to another paper filter. I'm pretty convinced against the CAI.

Attachments

• 1428015666858.jpg
    1428015666858.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 111

JKWrang

Finally had some beautiful weather up here and the snow is all but gone! !

Took the day to do some painting and get the sliders 100%

Attachments

• 1428861336004.jpg
    1428861336004.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 1428861393312.jpg
    1428861393312.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 1428861408184.jpg
    1428861408184.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 120

JKWrang

Awwww snap. Guess what brown santa showed up with!!!

1431776766491.jpg

Cant waaaait to get this on my jeep!
Heading to go topless day here shortly and will be putting this on Sunday.

1431776819418.jpg

JKWrang

The install was mostly a success. A little bit of conflict with the LOD slider, but not much. Its a JK so of course not everything lines up perfectly. Bastards. But hey, the skids look good! Pics later.

JKWrang

Well its been a little while since i posted up in this thread but heres a sneak peak at what iver been up to :)

Attachments

• 1435523975875.jpg
    1435523975875.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 45
Top Bottom