JKWrang's Black JKU Build Thread/ Story

JKWrang

I have a manual so the shift points wouldn't apply to me as much, but the speedo, odo are definitely important! I take it you had the same issue?

Question: AEV of Superchips?

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a manual so the shift points wouldn't apply to me as much, but the speedo, odo are definitely important! I take it you had the same issue?

Question: AEV of Superchips?

oh true i didnt know you had a manual.

i have had both the procal and the flashpaq. i liked the aev cause it was simple and straight forward but i ended up getting a used flashpaq for a decent price. i like the flashpaq cause of the extra features it has. if the flashpaq is out of budget right now look at the flashcal as it is upgradable later on if you want.

in the end i say flashcal. it has a screen for reading codes and it can be upgraded into a flashpaq at a later date if needed.

JKWrang

oh true i didnt know you had a manual.

i have had both the procal and the flashpaq. i liked the aev cause it was simple and straight forward but i ended up getting a used flashpaq for a decent price. i like the flashpaq cause of the extra features it has. if the flashpaq is out of budget right now look at the flashcal as it is upgradable later on if you want.

in the end i say flashcal. it has a screen for reading codes and it can be upgraded into a flashpaq at a later date if needed.

Sold! That is a great feature in and of itself. Not for nothing, a dummy-proof screen is a great thing haha.

JKWrang

Haven't really been on in a while...

This is attributed entirely to the fact that I have just purchased a home!! Now my Jeep has a house to come home to with a driveway!

I feel accomplished. :) So there is that. I'll be back again, promise.

JKWrang

Went to Maine this past week and got Jeep in some mud, some fire roads and some mild crawling. Didnt get stuck (thank god, nearest help is miles away and no phone service) and got her a little dirty.

Ill post some pics for you guys.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1407602045437.jpg
    1407602045437.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 1407602074584.jpg
    1407602074584.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 1407602097508.jpg
    1407602097508.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 165
  • 1407602119021.jpg
    1407602119021.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 167

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Went to Maine this past week and got Jeep in some mud, some fire roads and some mild crawling. Didnt get stuck (thank god, nearest help is miles away and no phone service) and got her a little dirty.

Ill post some pics for you guys.

Ahhh the good old rooster tail of mud! Looks like you had some fun mike!

JKWrang

I did! My son was in his car seat and everytime the jeep rocked around on the trails he was celebrating - ive got a little jeeper! !!

JKWrang

This was the view from the lake (they call it a pond) where I was staying all week.

1407606453963.jpg

As you can see (below) my little man is jusy as much in love with the jeep as I am. its a back country place with hardly any traffic so he got to sit in my lap amd help drive to some scenic country a few times.

1407606529812.jpg
1407606554932.jpg

He found it relaxing to feel the cool mountain air as we drove to the river (of course, I wont do this at home... car seats for this boy everywhere but camp)

He almost passed out on me for a bit before we got there! !

1407606594924.jpg

But looking back we had a blast just enjoying the lake, looking at the river and staying out of touch with the world for a while. Cant ask for much more than your family, a Jeep, boating on crystal clear waters and great food by the fire.

1407606757483.jpg

JKWrang

So I installed my tow hitch received, painted the scuffs on the bumper and then got a little carried away with the painting. So now the bolts and the hitch are painted again. I even greased the bolts to the bumper as I reinstalled because Im super motivated.

I then rotated all my tires using the rear method... only to find out the guy who I bought my tires from had inflated to 35PSI or more and one tire cupped pretty bad - but I think it'll be fine after it's on the rear and I keep my tire pressure where it should be.

Bastard-o.

Oh well. Can't have my cake and eat it too, right?

JKWrang

So I met up with some local Jeepers/Wayalifers over the last couple weeks and wrenched/drank/watched football. All in all it was a good time and I got my hands on some Rubicon sliders for cheap to run at Rausch Creek.... just in case!

Well. I got them home and much to my wife's chagrin I IMMEDIATELY got out the Dremmel amd started rust busting. And then this happened.

1410475932584.jpg
1410475949424.jpg

Well with a little bit of ingenuity, some elbow grease. .. a LOT of drying time and mucho spray paint.

This happened

1410476013306.jpg

1410476028281.jpg

To be fair, no one knew the overall condition of the sliders, the factory paint hid all evidence of rotted portions of the slider but some high expansion foam, bondo and Rustoleum they should be fairly road ready. Not a permanent feature but good enough until I can get EVO sliders on the side.

Plus it was a fun little project.

Anyway, Ill post more up as the Jeep comes along. I need a name for this beast. Hmmm....

Tigrcky

So I met up with some local Jeepers/Wayalifers over the last couple weeks and wrenched/drank/watched football. All in all it was a good time and I got my hands on some Rubicon sliders for cheap to run at Rausch Creek.... just in case!

Well. I got them home and much to my wife's chagrin I IMMEDIATELY got out the Dremmel amd started rust busting. And then this happened.

View attachment 99844
View attachment 99845

Well with a little bit of ingenuity, some elbow grease. .. a LOT of drying time and mucho spray paint.

This happened

View attachment 99846

View attachment 99847

To be fair, no one knew the overall condition of the sliders, the factory paint hid all evidence of rotted portions of the slider but some high expansion foam, bondo and Rustoleum they should be fairly road ready. Not a permanent feature but good enough until I can get EVO sliders on the side.

Plus it was a fun little project.

Anyway, Ill post more up as the Jeep comes along. I need a name for this beast. Hmmm....

Oh holy sliders Batman!

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Top Bottom