Jon Snow (formerly Plan-C) The WAYALIFE XJ Build

CerOf

Are you sporting the craptastic 35"custom" out back or the chryco 8.25"? Front's HP30, right? For some reason I'm thinking most all were HP30s, but something in back of my mind says a low pinion 30 was used for one or two years?

231 or 242?

What year did they finally get away from the Peugeot tranny?

I've thought about an XJ a lot for a third vehicle too. Would give it to my daughter in a few years.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sporting the craptastic 35"custom" out back or the chryco 8.25"? Front's HP30, right? For some reason I'm thinking most all were HP30s, but something in back of my mind says a low pinion 30 was used for one or two years?

231 or 242?

What year did they finally get away from the Peugeot tranny?

I've thought about an XJ a lot for a third vehicle too. Would give it to my daughter in a few years.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

LOL!! Got lucky and have a Chrysler 8.25. Front is HP30 and it has an NP231 attached to an AW4 tranny.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Where did you get the bumps top extensions from? Part number?

I believe I got them on Amazon.... pretty much do all my shopping there. Although, this might have been from eBay. I can look and find out but, all I did was look for an XJ 2" bump stop extension.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, probably should have posted this up before the install teaser pic but, here's a shot of all the parts that are getting installed...

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, the front end is done and here's a shot of what it looks like with the new 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers installed. Yes, the fender will need to go and we will have to do some trimming but, I think this shot give you an idea of just how much bigger our XJ will be compared to stock...

main.php

Here's a close up shot of the front end...

main.php

Just need to remove the bumper end caps and get our new Bushwacker flat fenders in - waiting patiently for them :crazyeyes:

matt08jk

Wow, looks awesome.:beer: This is making me want to add an xj next to my jk! My poor wallet....

Can't wait to see this evolve.

Top Bottom