Jon Snow (formerly Plan-C) The WAYALIFE XJ Build

K5ADT

Rear swaybar

Was just curious, I noticed that you left the rear swaybar on. How come. Looks awesome though.

SwampDonkey

Okay, the front end is done and here's a shot of what it looks like with the new 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers installed. Yes, the fender will need to go and we will have to do some trimming but, I think this shot give you an idea of just how much bigger our XJ will be compared to stock...

main.php

Here's a close up shot of the front end...

main.php

Just need to remove the bumper end caps and get our new Bushwacker flat fenders in - waiting patiently for them :crazyeyes:

Hey Eddie, how much do you cut off with the flat fenders ?! I didn't think you cut anything off with them, or are you just making your own cuts ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Was just curious, I noticed that you left the rear swaybar on. How come. Looks awesome though.

Sure, the rears have leaf springs and one isn't really necessary but, I can't say that I've found removing a rear sway bar on any Jeep is actually needed. Most are on the thin side and will not limit flex or enough to make a difference. What leaving it on does do is provide added stability when disconnected up front and that's something I like especially on off camber situations.

Hey Eddie, how much do you cut off with the flat fenders ?! I didn't think you cut anything off with them, or are you just making your own cuts ?

Actually, you have to do quite a bit of trimming with the Bushwacker flat fenders and especially so on the sides of the wheel wells.

SwampDonkey

Sure, the rears have leaf springs and one isn't really necessary but, I can't say that I've found removing a rear sway bar on any Jeep is actually needed. Most are on the thin side and will not limit flex or enough to make a difference. What leaving it on does do is provide added stability when disconnected up front and that's something I like especially on off camber situations.

Actually, you have to do quite a bit of trimming with the Bushwacker flat fenders and especially so on the sides of the wheel wells.

I can't wait to see when you do them, it would be nice to see how much haha

jk noob

Looks good! though experience tells me your going to need more lift than that and a few more control arms.
One I helped build and maintain.
sean xj old.jpg
A while later.
sean xj cage.jpg
still later.
sean xj tube.jpg
And now.
sean xj buggy.png

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks good! though experience tells me your going to need more lift than that and a few more control arms.
One I helped build and maintain.
View attachment 53118
A while later.
View attachment 53119
still later.
View attachment 53120
And now.
View attachment 53121

Sweet rig! but as Eddie said in his first post he isnt trying to make it into a moby or rubicat, cindy and himself just want it to be more of an exploration jeep. i dont think he has plans of wheeling it like the other two he has. just something to make senic trips easier.

jk noob

I got that, I was just commenting on the size of tire/lift he has and showing some proof of personal experience that I'm basing my comments on.

jk noob

The first pic shows 33" tires and you can see that there is no fenders on, have been massively cut and the damage that has been done to the fenders from rubbing. The rear was cut as far as possible and then the unibody was welded, and it still rubbed and had to have bigger bump stops installed. The 285's that Eddie is using are 32.8" so just offering some free advise, take it for what it is worth. 31's with a 4.5" Rubicon Express lift rubbed like crazy.

Last edited:

NAUJK

I think you underestimate Eddie and Cindy. They'll get it to work just fine I'm pretty sure of that. They were able to fit 40s on moby with a smaller than usual lift people use for that size tire. Let the man work and just see what he does.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I think you underestimate Eddie and Cindy. They'll get it to work just fine I'm pretty sure of that. They were able to fit 40s on moby with a smaller than usual lift people use for that size tire. Let the man work and just see what he does.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seriously...I think people forget that there is no half assing when it comes to Eddie & Cindy. Just because it isn't a JK doesn't mean they're gonna go full retard and do things incorrectly.

TheBaconator

I think we need a XJ experience down the road with your wicked type of videos.

Baconator is ready to go!!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1382035420098.jpg
    1382035420098.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 763

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I think you guys have a bit too much faith in us but I do appreciate your support. :D

Truth be told, it took a long time to get Moby to where he is now. While we will try our best to build up this XJ right, I would be the first to say that there will be some trial and error along the way. It's a project and part of the fun is taking our time and see what we can do/get away with. If it doesn't work out, well, we'll just have to make modifications - no big deal :yup:

jk noob

Seriously...I think people forget that there is no half assing when it comes to Eddie & Cindy. Just because it isn't a JK doesn't mean they're gonna go full retard and do things incorrectly.

Your right, he must not need any help from anyone. Especially those that have been there and done that.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
hope the fenders come in soon, just looked up the install and they deff look super clean after installed and all the cuts are made.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When I ordered them, I was told they should be going out today or Friday so with any luck, I should get them in late next week. They will for sure open things up side to side and help with clearance issues there. As far as up travel goes, I did install bump stop extensions and up front, it looks like they may be enough to help prevent rubbing. The rear is questionable and more work may need to be done. We'll see :yup:

Top Bottom