KingCopperhead's Build Thread

KingCopperhead

One side is on. Little underglow action while the other side gets burned in.

Attachments

• 1412642069566.jpg
    1412642069566.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 1412642076779.jpg
    1412642076779.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 259
  • 1412642088230.jpg
    1412642088230.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 1412642097142.jpg
    1412642097142.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 269

KingCopperhead

Just did the final touch up on the paint. Sliders are on and the evo rocker protection is complete. Only thing I have left sitting around the house to install is my front poison spyder diff cover.

This also marks my last "small" mod. Build is going to slow down a LOT from here on out. I might add a cb radio in between and another wayalife decal, but it's time to start saving up for the pro rock.

As the jeep sits now, it's capabilities exceed my off road driving ability, especially in rocks. My plan from here is to continue to wheel the blues and most blacks at Rausch, and get better at picking lines. In the background, save up and prepare for the pro rock 44 front end. Still undecided on a locker, but it will be selectable. If I go with an arb I'll be adding on board air as well. Once the axle is in I'll be ready to replace the current tires with 37s and start considering steering upgrades, rear axle upgrades, and perhaps rear corner armor and tire carrier. In fact I may end up doing the tire carrier right after the axle. Jumping to 37s seems like a major expense to do it properly but I want to do this right once. Thanks for looking folks. Any input would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 1412694080467.jpg
    1412694080467.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 246
  • 1412694087112.jpg
    1412694087112.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 1412694095016.jpg
    1412694095016.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

KingCopperhead

Had some developments in the build this week.

After a long internal debate, I've decided to pass on a pro rock for the time being. With all the supplemental parts that I would need to make it work seamlessly, the expense was just too much for my budget.

Thankfully, a member here JK_b/c_yolo was selling his rubi front axle, and we were able to work out a deal that I couldn't pass up on. It's not a pro rock, but at the price I paid I feel like this was a great choice for the wheeling I do and my budget.

The good stuff! The original owner has already installed evo gussets, as well as lca skids. It's already set up for a drag link flip, and he is being extremely generous and sending me all of the brackets, essentially all I will need to do is buy a rhd drag link and I'll have a much nicer steering jeep.

I'm not able to redo the ring and pinion myself, so I'll enlist the help of a shop that is operated by a member of my local jeep club. He charges 300 per axle for the gear labor which is more than fair.

Going with 5.13 gears, a little high for 35s but once I move up to 37s it will do nicely. Once the axle ships and arrives I'll get some pics up of it.
I am SO stoked to finally get a stronger axle under my rig and to get rid of the factory 3.73 gears. And to have a locker.... And to open the door for some stronger axle shafts.

KingCopperhead

Nice video! Thanks for sharing. Love the graphics! Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL that's what happens when you turn your back on a very creative ten year old boy during our lunch break. I'm over chatting with one of the other drivers on our trip and I hear one of the ladies with us giggling. Turn around and Picasso is over by my jeep putting hieroglyphics on it lmao. Left some light scratches in the paint but nothing some wax and polish didn't cure.

CZEBJKU

Haha. Definitely creative when you don't want them to be. My girls did the same thing when they were that age.

KingCopperhead

Haha. Definitely creative when you don't want them to be. My girls did the same thing when they were that age.

As long as they're creative I can get over damage to the paint lmao. I bust his chops about it though. Taking him wheeling in 2 weeks, asked him yesterday if I was getting a custom paint job for the jeep lmao. Can't beat or replace memories like that. They don't get to be little for long enough.

KingCopperhead

Ordered my gears today. Doing the full master install package from Northridge, ended up going with 4.88 gears, which I think will be more suitable for a dd with a 3.6 and a manual transmission. Also ordered an AEV procal so that I can set my speedo for the new gears and tires down the road. It'll also let me get rid of the stupid tpms warning since I run my tires at 28 psi on the road and the computer says that's no Bueno.

Axle should ship next week, getting really excited!!

KingCopperhead

Ordered a rugged Ridge a pillar switch panel, a Contura iii switch, some wires and a relay, along with a crown rhd drag link to accommodate the drag link flip brackets that JK_b c_yolo is sending me with the axle.

The a pillar switch pod is temporary. I'm officially way over my mod budget and can't do an spod this second lol. I'll replace it before I do a sport cage.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looking good, sounds like you are figuring it all out. The axle will ship early next week. :thumbup:

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

big dr

I just joined this sight and yours was the first build thread I read. I love that color, I love that its a 2 dr. The jeep looks really good. :thumb: I think you are going to be happier with the 4.88 over the 5.13s. I have 5.13s with 37s(knowing I want to go to 40s some day) Although mine is an automatic,, If I were sticking with 37s id go with the 4.88. I rev too high on the highway.

KingCopperhead

Looking good, sounds like you are figuring it all out. The axle will ship early next week. :thumbup:

Awesome, thank you for all of the advice over the past couple weeks! Hoping we get to knock that Rubicon trip off my bucket list someday. Can't wait to see Weston get built up.

Damn George, the build is rockin! Now you just have to get all that stuff installed... :beer:

Ain't nothing to it but to do it! LoL taking the axle straight to a club member's shop as soon as it arrives. How have you been? Did you get to go wheeling much after rausch?

I just joined this sight and yours was the first build thread I read. I love that color, I love that its a 2 dr. The jeep looks really good. :thumb: I think you are going to be happier with the 4.88 over the 5.13s. I have 5.13s with 37s(knowing I want to go to 40s some day) Although mine is an automatic,, If I were sticking with 37s id go with the 4.88. I rev too high on the highway.

Welcome to wayalife! Glad you liked the build. There's some waaaay more decked out rig's here than what you've seen in this thread. You're going to like it here :) Feeling pretty good about the 4.88 gears. Talked to a few members who run em on their manual pentastar on both 35s and 37s and it's all smiles from them so should be all smiles from me too!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Not really, but I'm going with a couple of guys down to Uwharrie next month to do one final run. After frying my front locker and destroying teeth on my front ring, I've just been grateful to have a car back so I can get to work!

KingCopperhead

Not really, but I'm going with a couple of guys down to Uwharrie next month to do one final run. After frying my front locker and destroying teeth on my front ring, I've just been grateful to have a car back so I can get to work!

Holy crap man, that sucks! How did that happen?

KingCopperhead

Oh yeah! Axle ships tomorrow. Cannot wait! (cameo appearance, whose badass jku is that in the background :-D)

Attachments

• 1414983050415.jpg
    1414983050415.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 119

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yep, it's headed east in the morning! :)

KingCopperhead

Woohoooo! My jeep might not have driven across country yet, but my axle has!

Thanks for the update! You get those slabs all set up yet?

Top Bottom