LS swap into a 97 TJ

jesse3638

Hooked
Maybe tonight ��. Couple things to wrap up. I'm getting the dash put back on today and making sure all the connections there are good. I'm also wrapping up the power steering lines so when o start the engine the fluid doesn't spray everywhere. I picked up some more coolsnt, some gear oil for the tranny, some stuff for the power steering lines and some wire loom so I can clean up the engine bay a little.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That would be awesome. Can't wait to see and hear this thing run. Make sure you set a camera up to capture your reaction when it fires up...haha

Sounds like you already remembered all the stupid little shit I normally forget and then freak out as I watch the coolant hose just douse the garage Bc I forgot to put it back on the radiator and was excited to hear the engine. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Sounds like you already remembered all the stupid little shit I normally forget and then freak out as I watch the coolant hose just douse the garage Bc I forgot to put it back on the radiator and was excited to hear the engine. 🤣

I still have to put on the overflow hose and mount the new reservoir. I'm trying to be meticulous about it 😂

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Well Lads I got her turning over, I can get her to fire when I spray starter fluid into the throttle body, and I also cannot hear my fuel pump priming, so I need to hunt down that gremlin.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I also don't have the coolant temp sensor plugged in or the front O2 sensors, plus I may have to program out vats. This may end up just be me jumping the gun before all of that is in order

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Tonight I'm going to get some sensors hooked up. Maf and coolant temp. I think I'm going to try and build the y pipe myself just so I can get the front O2 sensors in. Then get the fuel pump figured out, starter relay worked out and she should be running and idling. Gonna have to buy the programmer sooner rather than later in case vss is what's kicking the engine down.

I’ve seen missing cts cause engines to not fire without holding gas pedal but unhooked maf should just cause it to run on base map. Never heard of a maf or CTS killing fuel power though. Looks finished, let’s go wheelin

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
No go on Idle tonight, or possibly all weekend. I have 44 PSI for real which is not enough at higher RPMs but should still be allowing it to idle, I have power to all my injectors and ignition coils and spark plugs. unplugged and replugged in the map sensor to no avail, and coolant temperature sensor is now plugged in. All signs are pointing to the Vats system being tripped in the computer.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
No go on Idle tonight, or possibly all weekend. I have 44 PSI for real which is not enough at higher RPMs but should still be allowing it to idle, I have power to all my injectors and ignition coils and spark plugs. unplugged and replugged in the map sensor to no avail, and coolant temperature sensor is now plugged in. All signs are pointing to the Vats system being tripped in the computer.

Top Bottom