LS swap into a 97 TJ

jesse3638

Hooked
So I got an e-mail today saying that the guy who does the programming just shipped me a package this morning at 10 a. M. That sounds to me like he got the computer in one day did all the programming last night and this morning and it's already on its way back to me. If that's the case I could see it tomorrow or Friday morning and well I'll be out of town all of Friday night and Saturday Saturday night I could hook it up and theoretically get that engine running full time. I really hope this is the case because I was honestly expecting to not see the computer until next Wednesday.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
That's awesome. I hate waiting on one thing to make progress.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Another USPS update says I'll have the computer before 3 pm tomorrow... Something time wise isn't adding up. Unless he literally programmed it in under a few hours then it looks like he received it and sent it right back. I'm going to need to give him a call tomorrow.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I didn't mean done done. 🤣

Just the fact that you attempted this on your own and it's now running is fucking awesome! 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
I'm super pumped. Good compression too so I guess my first engine rebuild went well. There may be some coolant leaking at the water pump to the block seal but right now I'm not worried about that at all. Tuner is in process of being returned and when it is I can send away for a rear driveshaft. So I'm thinking week and a half to two weeks and she's running again 👍. I'm going to drive her as I fine tune everything so I'll be working on her for a bit but driving her much sooner.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Spent the better part of two hours trying to clean up the wiring. Two rolls of electrical tape are already through. IMG_20180830_161939%7E2.jpg IMG_20180830_164155%7E2.jpg IMG_20180830_174243%7E2.jpg IMG_20180830_174247%7E2.jpg IMG_20180830_174254_01%7E2.jpg IMG_20180830_175643%7E2.jpg I'm thinking of putting the coolant reservoir on the driver side any thoughts? IMG_20180830_164148%7E2.jpg IMG_20180830_161950%7E2.jpg IMG_20180830_164144%7E2.jpg IMG_20180830_164148%7E2.jpg

I want to see Jeep burnout videos by next week!!

On a side note, I see a lot of crimp connectors under hood that don’t look shrink wrapped or protected, just not finished or chancing the elements?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I want to see Jeep burnout videos by next week!!

On a side note, I see a lot of crimp connectors under hood that don’t look shrink wrapped or protected, just not finished or chancing the elements?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Most of the crimps will be replaced with crimping and heat shrink, crimp is just easiest for first testing for me. At the very least they will be wrapped with electrical tape.

Top Bottom