My Dozer

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Also, learning not to go cheap on lights. These eBay ones already have water inside.

Take the hex bolts out, dry it out overnight or bake it in the oven on like 125 degrees and put new RTV around it when you seal it back up.

That happened with mine and they are good as new now.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Take the hex bolts out, dry it out overnight or bake it in the oven on like 125 degrees and put new RTV around it when you seal it back up.

That happened with mine and they are good as new now.

Going to have to try this. Hopefully my wife doesn't think I'm stupid for baking my lights.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Going to have to try this. Hopefully my wife doesn't think I'm stupid for baking my lights.

Just be careful baking them because of the wires. If you have time it's probably best to just leave them out over night or for a whole day. I've baked lights on the past with no I'll effects but you just have to do it on a really low temp.

olram30

I'll try to let them air out first. I have some rtv in the garage. If that don't work I'll bake them.
I also have some weird clanking noise in the rear. Hear it when I go over bumps. Need to track this down. And something is weird with my steering. I have a feeling the pully is vibrating or some weird shit.

07JKSahara

Just be careful baking them because of the wires. If you have time it's probably best to just leave them out over night or for a whole day. I've baked lights on the past with no I'll effects but you just have to do it on a really low temp.

You could also leave them overnight in a bowl of rice. Not exactly the same thing, but I've saved a key fob and iphone his way.

olram30

Still haven't fixed my lights :grayno: but I did get a new torque wrench from Amazon. The quality looks good and even came with a nice case. I have one already, but this one is longer and had a higher ft. Lb setting. It was around 60 bucks. Not quite a snap on, but even a cheap torque wrench is better than no wrench.

Attachments

• 1407616412883.jpg
    1407616412883.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 334

olram30

I've been looking for an affordable solution to mounting my phone, I use back country navigator when out in the mountains. I tried this grab and go piece of crap from Walmart, worst 15 bucks I've spent. 1407786452249.jpg
I really liked the ram x grip, but wanted to get away from the suction cup mounting. I really like the daystar mount, but after reading, the x grip doesn't fit. Different ball size, so going to try this clamp set up from Amazon. Seems to hold the phone pretty sturdy. Hopefully it works.

Attachments

• 1407786648976.jpg
    1407786648976.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 1407786664166.jpg
    1407786664166.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 314
  • 1407786675773.jpg
    1407786675773.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 312

olram30

just saw this post from piginajeep, http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?19530-100-rebate-on-dyntrac-prosteers
i got a little too excited and ordered them!:rock:
i think i'm going to order front shafts next and just be done with it. save the ones i take out as spares. guess the lift and tires are going to have to wait a bit longer now:naw: besides, i'm already used to this stack of rims in my dining room. wife and kids are using them to put their junk on top:mad:

Jerms

Great looking dozer Olram30. I wish I lived closer to the west coast. Would love to meet and wheel with all of the WOLifers! I've got great friends but still get heckled bc I own a jk.

olram30

Great looking dozer Olram30. I wish I lived closer to the west coast. Would love to meet and wheel with all of the WOLifers! I've got great friends but still get heckled bc I own a jk.

Thanks! I get the "oh you have the 4 door soccer mom jeep? " a lot. Oh well.. I'd like to meet some wol members also, I'm stuck in Wyoming.

olram30

Anybody have recommendations on a ball joint press? Is the harbor freight one junk or decent for the price?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
just saw this post from piginajeep, http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?19530-100-rebate-on-dyntrac-prosteers
i got a little too excited and ordered them!:rock:
i think i'm going to order front shafts next and just be done with it. save the ones i take out as spares. guess the lift and tires are going to have to wait a bit longer now:naw: besides, i'm already used to this stack of rims in my dining room. wife and kids are using them to put their junk on top:mad:

congrats bro! im debating this right now as we speak lol

utiadam

LOSER
Anybody have recommendations on a ball joint press? Is the harbor freight one junk or decent for the price?

The harbor freight one is plenty good. It's what I use at work (Mercedes Benz tech). A similar press from Matco is over $300.

olram30

The harbor freight one is plenty good. It's what I use at work (Mercedes Benz tech). A similar press from Matco is over $300.

Oh good, planning on going to a harbor freight soon. Just wanted something to do both my jeeps and sounds like this fits the bill

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I've used line a few times, this morning being one of them and it's been fine.

I rented one and broke it so I returned it and bought the harbor freight one and finished the job. Lol

olram30

Trying to track down this vibration I have somewhere, while under the jeep I saw about 3 of the plug welds like this. Really nervous about these.

Attachments

• 1407911427539.jpg
    1407911427539.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 277
Top Bottom