My own JK 'Big Brake' research:

Disregard,, I remember now what it was. My spacers had to be for a cj in order to fit the hub.. Also, I have an install tip for you if you are interested that will make life much easier when you have to maintenance those new hubs.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

PM me that tip when you have a free sec! Just to try to keep the thread on track :). Much appreciated! And BTW, my hubs came with the rotors already installed with press-fit wheel studs holding them to the hubs. Which, incidentally, I'm about to press out in order to install some big-ass 14.2" rotors! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If I recall correctly, I think that 107mm hub bore is a CJ bore diameter...btw

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey majik, it seems you are way too popular. Can't send the IM because your have too much mail. Must be nice,lmao :thumbup:

Hey majik, it seems you are way too popular. Can't send the IM because your have too much mail. Must be nice,lmao :thumbup:

LOL....WHAT???? That's gotta be a goof. I'm not that popular... promise :) I'll clear any old stuff in there. Try again...

Thanks, guys. So sorry for the slow progress. It's just been a busy summer with my boys. :crazyeyes:

BTW, just found one other nice detail on these reman calipers: the pistons are all high-quality, non-magnetic stainless steel. (So that means not cheaper 409 grade. 304 or better, if I recall correctly.) Sign of a good quality reman... and a caliper that is more likely to last a long time in harsh climates.

Cant wait to see how long majik's installation writup will be. He's gonna give Tom Clancy a run for his money,lmao :D

Har Har :) It's a R&D thread, man! Cut me some slack! LOL... It's like thinking out loud.

I've actually started an instruction page. It's only like 1/2 a page. With design specs for the adapter bracket, 1 extra page :)

Have you thought anything outside of vehicles like Tractors?

**EDIT**

Master cylinders. Been wheeling all day and my brain is all over the place.

Last edited:
Have you thought anything outside of vehicles like Tractors?

**EDIT**

Master cylinders. Been wheeling all day and my brain is all over the place.

Hmmm... good thought! Not really, though, because I was doubtful I'd find anything with a matching bolt pattern to mate to our vacuum boosters, etc. I may still explore a bit, though :)

Top Bottom