My own JK 'Big Brake' research:

Wow, guys :) You all said what I was thinking! Thanks for sticking up for me! I had to wait an extra week for a new driver side knuckle to arrive (today). Remember how I sucked it up and machined that brand new Reid Racing knuckle?? Well.... I ate that one :) I will keep it for a backup, but that is part of doing this kind of work. And I'm willing to eat stuff like that if in the end we all end up with safer rigs! Thanks again, guys...

I am new to this forum and thankfully stumbled on this thread as I just upgraded to 70# 35" tires on 17" rugged ridge rims. I read many posts in this thread but not all 47 pages. Is the summary Majik is developing a 4 piston caliper and large brake rotor option for the front and larger rotor with adapter bracket for rear? On a scale from 0-10 with zero being not started and 10 being complete kit info available where is this project? I know I for one would be very grateful for a nice home grown and tested product and hope Majik all the luck and profit from spending months of time and what has got to be lots of his own money bringing this to market.

I am new to this forum and thankfully stumbled on this thread as I just upgraded to 70# 35" tires on 17" rugged ridge rims. I read many posts in this thread but not all 47 pages. Is the summary Majik is developing a 4 piston caliper and large brake rotor option for the front and larger rotor with adapter bracket for rear? On a scale from 0-10 with zero being not started and 10 being complete kit info available where is this project? I know I for one would be very grateful for a nice home grown and tested product and hope Majik all the luck and profit from spending months of time and what has got to be lots of his own money bringing this to market.

He isnt quite finnished with a final product yet, but it's my understanding he's getting close.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

On a zero to ten scale: We are at a 7.5. Most of the remaining effort has to do with the following: 1. optimizing brake bias front to rear with proper selection of the rear caliper 2. final machining details of caliper adapter brackets 3. brake pad compound selection 4. dual front caliper option setup (very fun part) - this is pretty much just caliper piston size optimization and a different adapter bracket.

Thanks for the encouragement. And personal profit is not my goal. Sometimes you just have to give something back, like I mentioned in earlier posts. Maybe this little package will keep one Jeep out of a wreck... or one person from getting hurt in said wreck. That's payback enough :) I'm sure there will be some greedy bastard out there that will try to profit from this at some point after I post the parts list, but, hopefully it will all be public info enough to discourage that...

I'll keep ya posted ;)

Thanks for the encouragement. And personal profit is not my goal. Sometimes you just have to give something back, like I mentioned in earlier posts. Maybe this little package will keep one Jeep out of a wreck... or one person from getting hurt in said wreck. That's payback enough :) I'm sure there will be some greedy bastard out there that will try to profit from this at some point after I post the parts list, but, hopefully it will all be public info enough to discourage that...

I'll keep ya posted ;)

Karma always wins, and you my friend are banking loads of the positive kind.

I guess it's true what they say, everything is bigger in Texas...even brakes! This comment is just another drop in an overflowing bucket, but your dedication and willingness to perform and share this upgrade are unparalleled. I have never come across a greater example of a Jeep guy, doing Jeep things for Jeep-ers. Subscribed to thread, can't wait for the outcome...bye bye shitty brakes.

Thanks Majik, and those who have helped and supported this thread.:drinks:

Just ordered some more parts, and headed to machine shop tomorrow to pick up an adapter I designed. Cross your fingers!

I am gonna hijack my own thread for one quick second though to post a pick of my new diff covers I just finished. Gecko green!! Didnt spend too much time making them perfect, grinding welds, etc, knowing their intended use, but I am very pleased :)
3/8" plate all around should do the trick...

OK. Thanks for listening...I just needed one second working on something NOT brake related! :)

2013-10-23 01.53.44.jpg

2013-10-23 01.44.15.jpg

Just ordered some more parts, and headed to machine shop tomorrow to pick up an adapter I designed. Cross your fingers!

I am gonna hijack my own thread for one quick second though to post a pick of my new diff covers I just finished. Gecko green!! Didnt spend too much time making them perfect, grinding welds, etc, knowing their intended use, but I am very pleased :)
3/8" plate all around should do the trick...

OK. Thanks for listening...I just needed one second working on something NOT brake related! :)

View attachment 53876

View attachment 53877

you made these???

LOL. No. I have fabbed stuff similar in the past, alot more complex, but living in a modest house in a very residential neighborhood now, I get enough flak from welding, plasma cutting, and grinding as it is. Wish I had the room for a lathe, end mill, etc :) I used to work in a machine shop, so even having to bring my designs, like the one for the adapters for my brake project, to a shop in town for manufacture, makes me sad :(

I just did the paint this time :) Good color match, though, huh?

ohhh! yes good match on the paint job.

I was about to invite myself to your fab shop :cheesy:

Ha :) Actually have thought about it... maybe someday :)

My last project... and I promise...last self-thread-hijack :) And yes, my boys and I did all the work...

Line-X done (9).jpgLine-X done (12).jpgLine-X done (16).jpgLine-X done (31).jpgLine-X done (39).jpgLine-X done (45).jpgLine-X done (56).jpgGuys before test drive (5).jpgExhaust install (5).jpgHi lift installed (2).jpgTiregate loaded (2).jpgTiregate welding (3).jpgFront bumper teasers (3).jpgNoah Helping (22).jpgBedrail fab (19).jpg

I hope you make mad money cause you got skills.

I work with welders and machinists (NDE testing) and that's quality work.

Top Bottom