Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Kyle7R

Bumper has been decided. Pictures speak louder than words ;)
View attachment 206984

Considering going with no stinger this time though.

Gonna look great on Steel! I'm still leaning that way myself but can't quite convince myself to give up my fogs yet.

Is there a benefit to no stinger?

For me, it's fitting in the garage with 100% certainty.

Part of the reason I dig this bumper is I can add the stinger relatively easily after the fact.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Gonna look great on Steel! I'm still leaning that way myself but can't quite convince myself to give up my fogs yet.

Part of the reason I dig this bumper is I can add the stinger relatively easily after the fact.

I have a standard length 1 car garage built in the 1950's at the house currently. I have the LOD stinger front bumper, a 4 door jeep in the middle, and a bumper mounted carrier with a 13.50 toyo on a 3.5 B.S. slab... it fits just fine and I can still walk by the front of the jeep... It WILL fit :cheesy: :thumb:

Kyle7R

I have a standard length 1 car garage built in the 1950's at the house currently. I have the LOD stinger front bumper, a 4 door jeep in the middle, and a bumper mounted carrier with a 13.50 toyo on a 3.5 B.S. slab... it fits just fine and I can still walk by the front of the jeep... It WILL fit :cheesy: :thumb:

You greatly underestimate the amount of shit I accumulate! Lol!

You're probably right, odds are I'll have a stinger before HF.

But I'll trade you Jeeps though, so you have more room in your garage ;)

Napalm

Stinger for sure, man. To me front ends look naked and "off" without some sort of stinger or brawler bar.

Stinger!!!

Definitely Stinger! I'm going to get that bumper eventually

You greatly underestimate the amount of shit I accumulate! Lol!

You're probably right, odds are I'll have a stinger before HF.

But I'll trade you Jeeps though, so you have more room in your garage ;)

All great points gentleman. I am undecided, because I can go stinger or EVO rear D-ring mounts for the first round of mods.

Not having a stinger would simply be personal preference, I had a few gripes about it having it with Onyx, nothing wrong with the stinger, just things that would occur because I had a stinger. Not having it would really just be a change from Onyx. I like how low profile the 1/4 pounder looks without it, and it seems rare without the stinger.

I'm very on the fence.

Stick

If you can add the stinger later if you want it I would go without it in the beginning and get the EVO rear d-ring mounts.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460159862.037312.jpg

I want to add the stinger to mine, I dont mind the look but would prefer the stinger. I just couldnt afford it at the time I purchased the bumper and I havent purchased it yet. LOL. Bought other stuff.

Napalm

If you can add the stinger later if you want it I would go without it in the beginning and get the EVO rear d-ring mounts.

Good point Mark. The rear mounts are one thing I passed up on the last Jeep I had, and that was something I always regretted doing.

View attachment 207012

I want to add the stinger to mine, I dont mind the look but would prefer the stinger. I just couldnt afford it at the time I purchased the bumper and I havent purchased it yet. LOL. Bought other stuff.

Thanks for the picture. I'm so undecided, it's not even funny :mad:

Stick

Cheer up Nate your building your Jeep [emoji3]. Question is do you want to build Steel like Onyx or would you like to try something different? Personally I think I would be happier with the more modified look with the EVO d-ring mounts in the rear, it would make me feel like I've done more to the jeep. Just my 2 cents, good luck with the decision.

Napalm

Cheer up Nate your building your Jeep [emoji3]. Question is do you want to build Steel like Onyx or would you like to try something different? Personally I think I would be happier with the more modified look with the EVO d-ring mounts in the rear, it would make me feel like I've done more to the jeep. Just my 2 cents, good luck with the decision.

You make a fine point, Mark. I want to build Steel similar to Onyx's build just because when it was all said and done(after I sold her and it was too late). As far as the suspension/wheels/tires, everything will be fairly similar, but that's one of the main reasons wanting to go no stinger, just to make it different. I don't want it to be a carbon copy of Onyx.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
You make a fine point, Mark. I want to build Steel similar to Onyx's build just because when it was all said and done(after I sold her and it was too late). As far as the suspension/wheels/tires, everything will be fairly similar, but that's one of the main reasons wanting to go no stinger, just to make it different. I don't want it to be a carbon copy of Onyx.

Dont, enforce steel! ;)

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If your set on the 1/4 pounder you can always add the stinger later and get the rear d ring mounts now. I'm sure you know this, just sayin. Lol. And if I can swing a stinger anytime soon my front d ring mounts will be for sale. [emoji16][emoji106]

CarolinaJK

I would definitely go no stinger for now and get the d-rings! I've been looking at photos of the 1/4 pounder without the stinger lately and it's been calling my name. Too bad I already have the stinger installed, so it's staying!

Napalm

Nice! Great choice! I threw the Pure Jeep bull bar on mine for a more subdued look and dig it. View attachment 207098

Nice!! I am actually also considering the Pure Jeep Barebonez bumper that Moby and RubiCAT ran for a short time. It's definately the definition of a minimalist bumper. Not sure if they even still make it though....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465266466.675663.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465266490.153481.jpg

Top Bottom