Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm

Steel is looking good!

For the tires are they brand new or newly used tires you got off a member/craigslist?

I actually bought them brand new from DTD. I bought my 5 Rubi wheels with worn tires (except a brand new spare) for $200. I sold my sport wheels and bought 4 of these KMs from DTD for $650 putting my total investment at about $850. I thought it was a pretty good deal!

Looking good! Nice to see fresh tires on Steel.

Thank you! They feel great!

Awesome! Nice pics

Thanks Clay!

Looks great man.

Thank you!
New tires look good.

Thanks! I had DT just dispose of my old KMs for $2.50 a piece. [emoji106]🏻

Love those tires! All these pics making me wish I had mine back from the shop. 2 more days!

Thanks Mike! You're upgrades would be easy to wait on :)

Napalm

I'm trying to find some take offs with good tires, and turn around & sell mine, but everything around here right they want as much as a new set of tires.

I had that same problem. Either the sets I found were too worn, unevenly worn, or outrageously overpriced.

I got my rims so cheap just because they had a little rock rash, which didn't concern m e because I'll put more on them. They came with a new spare and for what I spent on four new ones, I was able to do everything under budget. I'll get two good years out of them, upgrade to 35s and sell these. :)

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Not to change the subject but kind of wax do you use?

Disclaimer: I'm talking about wax for the jeep. Lol

Napalm

Not to change the subject but kind of wax do you use?

Disclaimer: I'm talking about wax for the jeep. Lol

Turtle Wax is what I've been using for awhile. I use Turtle Wax-As-You-Dry and the actual paste wax. Always works great for me!

jagrubb99

Turtle Wax is what I've been using for awhile. I use Turtle Wax-As-You-Dry and the actual paste wax. Always works great for me!

I use the same stuff here. I use the wax and dry spray every time I wash it, and the Turtle Wax Ice paste wax at least once a year.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug

Thanks. Thats what I've been using. Just making sure there wasn't something else out there that I should try. By the way Steel is looking good!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Yes sir. $450 after the sport wheels sold.

The best deal I've found, here is $1000 for tires and wheels with 4000 miles on them, but I could probably get at least $400 with my rock rashed Rubi wheels with these crappy tires on them, so I may do it. Most people here, are wanting $1250 to $1500 for 5

CCTX50

I bought some 2016 Rubicon wheels and tires for 600.00 with 1000 miles. I sold my 2013 Rubicon wheels and tires for 420.00 with 32000 miles. Look around and you will find killer deals. Just be patient.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Man, is that how the kms looked brand new? Not how i remember mine lol.
But your rig is lookin good Nate, lookin really good [emoji41]

Napalm

wouldn't mind set of take offs myself been looking since I bought the jeep but agree to overpriced in this area ..

Yes sir.. Very much so. It's unfortunate we don't have more die hard Jeepers in the area wanting to make better deals to help us sport/Sahara guys out!

The best deal I've found, here is $1000 for tires and wheels with 4000 miles on them, but I could probably get at least $400 with my rock rashed Rubi wheels with these crappy tires on them, so I may do it. Most people here, are wanting $1250 to $1500 for 5

That may be your best bet. $600 for some almost new ones sounds like a good price.

I bought some 2016 Rubicon wheels and tires for 600.00 with 1000 miles. I sold my 2013 Rubicon wheels and tires for 420.00 with 32000 miles. Look around and you will find killer deals. Just be patient.

You guys have way better deals in the south. :)

Man, is that how the kms looked brand new? Not how i remember mine lol.
But your rig is lookin good Nate, lookin really good [emoji41]

Yes, they are much more aggressive than even my last pair on Onyx it seems like. Surprisingly enough, very smooth though. In a good 20-25k miles I'll be ready for a good set of 35s :) and thank you!! Looking forward to wheeling with you again brother!!

After a long night at the FD, pulled the sunrider back and cruised home. This picture actually turned out great because of the sunrise and is now my new favorite of Steel!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473424801.473475.jpg
Met a new friend at the gym in the form of a super clean topless TJ.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473424827.192914.jpg

All in all, I am loving Steel with the new tires and aligned properly. Driving nearly identical to stock, and looking great for what I am going for in Stage 1. It's almost complete! Now I just need to see how she wheels :)

FLKEYSJK

After a long night at the FD, pulled the sunrider back and cruised home. This picture actually turned out great because of the sunrise and is now my new favorite of Steel!
View attachment 221833
Met a new friend at the gym in the form of a super clean topless TJ.
View attachment 221834

All in all, I am loving Steel with the new tires and aligned properly. Driving nearly identical to stock, and looking great for what I am going for in Stage 1. It's almost complete! Now I just need to see how she wheels :)

Steel is looking really good, and I'm sure you'll appreciate the extra capability off pavement!

Top Bottom