NORCAL: Rubicon Run - October 1-4

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why or how would anyone know Eddie wasn't happy with the thanks he received if he didn't post it himself?

From an outsider view, meaning I wasn't there, and I didn't call Eddie, it looked like they thanked him well.

If you had talked to him and learned he wasn't happy, then you had an upper hand that nobody else saw.

David, I ask this in all sincerity, why are you here to fight this fight?

Because you seemed to have missed it, I specifically said that a number of people who went on this run thanked me and even called them out by name. I also stated that I didn't do what I did hoping to be thanked - I was just glad that I was available to help out. I also said that had Rox Star said NOTHING AT ALL, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Did Adam start all this for being offended for me? Yeah, he did. Was he wrong about your friend Rox Star? No, unfortunately he wasn't and I do mean "unfortunately". It's kind of sucky to help someone out and then later get a message telling you how "In hindsight, they really should have sent a couple rigs down to Folsom (the closest part store that had a pump, that they could locate) for the part. They, or more specifically, he should have not asked for help outside of their group. They should have taken care of themselves." This wasn't a poorly worded message, it was a BIG THANKS FOR NOTHING! Am I offended by it? Not in the least - just a little disappointed that a guy like this, someone that others would defend as much as they had would actually say something as ungrateful as this. But, as mentioned, I didn't help out for the thanks I might get so, there you have it.

JAGS

Hooked
Listen..... you hear that? Neither do I - I don't hear a single person who was on this run who was so quick to defend Rox Star chime in now. I mean, these were the same people who just yesterday were talking about how great Cindy and I were and how much they appreciated our help and how I could clear things up. It is strange that once I did, they are nowhere to be found. Perhaps they didn't like to be wrong about the friend they were so determined to defend. Or, maybe like Rox Star, they seem to think that I am responsible for all this and that I somehow orchestrated the whole thing. Honestly, I don't know and really, they can believe whatever it is they want to believe. From the beginning, I had asked a serious question as to whether or not anything I might have to say would actually make a difference. Clearly, it would have ONLY if it were what they wanted to hear and to me, that is what I find disappointing.

Hey, you stay out of this. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

They are too busy posting pics on your forum and admiring pics others posted on your forum to chime in now. I mean, that's what's really important around here. Friendships and having fun??? Nevermind that friends' character or integrity. [emoji53][emoji53]

noroad

Hey, you stay out of this. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

They are too busy posting pics on your forum and admiring pics others posted on your forum to chime in now. I mean, that's what's really important around here. Friendships and having fun??? Nevermind that friends' character or integrity. [emoji53][emoji53]

Like i said ill take the blame for the pictures! I tried to keep it between the people involved.

JAGS

Hooked
Like i said ill take the blame for the pictures! I tried to keep it between the people involved.

Lol. That wasn't and isn't about you. No blame or comment to you about any of this really. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

bkac

Caught the Bug
Listen..... you hear that? Neither do I - I don't hear a single person who was on this run who was so quick to defend Rox Star chime in now. I mean, these were the same people who just yesterday were talking about how great Cindy and I were and how much they appreciated our help and how I could clear things up. It is strange that once I did, they are nowhere to be found. Perhaps they didn't like to be wrong about the friend they were so determined to defend. Or, maybe like Rox Star, they seem to think that I am responsible for all this and that I somehow orchestrated the whole thing. Honestly, I don't know and really, they can believe whatever it is they want to believe. From the beginning, I had asked a serious question as to whether or not anything I might have to say would actually make a difference. Clearly, it would have ONLY if it were what they wanted to hear and to me, that is what I find disappointing.

Ok, so I was there, I met you and Cindy to get the part. I brought the part, the core, the money, a little extra to help for fuel, a huge bottle of honey from rox star himself, and a bunch of smiles and thank yous the entire time I was up there. I offered you anything in my fridge, water, or anything else I had in my jeep. I told you guys how amazing you were and how much it made our weekend. You at thar point said you did the same thing any of us would do and I agree. Yes, rox star didn't give you the thanks you think he should have. But who's to judge hood thanks? My daughter doesn't give me the hugs I think I deserve but I can't make it a big deal because it's just her and that's how she does it. I've only known him for the one trip. I can tell you he was so grateful standing on the hill knowing we were all willing to help. He wanted to come with us to personally thank you but we had him stay at his jeep not by his choice. That's when he gave us the bottle of honey and said make sure we take care of you and let you know how much he appreciated what you did. You kept saying that you did exactly what any of us would do I can tell you if it was me and he hit me up on Facebook as soon as he was back in service off the trail that was his way of seeing things along with everything else that we told you. It just seems like no matter what anybody said it wasn't good enough after Overlander pointed out a copy of panda's post as a thanks. You then later stated that not everybody has Facebook, the thing is you do and your thanks was there waiting for you around 4:30. The thing I'm struggling with is, does the proper thank you really mean that much? If so why did you keep saying you were just doing what any one of us would do. I haven't talked to Rox star since we left a trail. I think the reason why nobody is responding is because its a lose lose situation for any of us and there so many people that were not even there and have no idea what really took place except you, Cindy, Gavin, Ricky, rox star, and myself. I went back to camp and kept telling everybody how amazing you two were and how thankful we were to have you out there. You kept saying it was not really a big deal and you were just doing what we would all do but now it has turned into a huge division. That's where I'm so confused.... what could I have done different to make you feel more deserved and thankful. Maybe rox star gave his best thanks, who's to judge him for that if you were just doing what any of us would have done. I have helped several people on this forum and maybe felt like I didn't get the proper thanks or it was never even mentioned on the forum. I just did it truly because I wanted to help a Jeeper/ member out

ClarksAdventures

Ok, so I was there, I met you and Cindy to get the part. I brought the part, the core, the money, a little extra to help for fuel, a huge bottle of honey from rox star himself, and a bunch of smiles and thank yous the entire time I was up there. I offered you anything in my fridge, water, or anything else I had in my jeep. I told you guys how amazing you were and how much it made our weekend. You at thar point said you did the same thing any of us would do and I agree. Yes, rox star didn't give you the thanks you think he should have. But who's to judge hood thanks? My daughter doesn't give me the hugs I think I deserve but I can't make it a big deal because it's just her and that's how she does it. I've only known him for the one trip. I can tell you he was so grateful standing on the hill knowing we were all willing to help. He wanted to come with us to personally thank you but we had him stay at his jeep not by his choice. That's when he gave us the bottle of honey and said make sure we take care of you and let you know how much he appreciated what you did. You kept saying that you did exactly what any of us would do I can tell you if it was me and he hit me up on Facebook as soon as he was back in service off the trail that was his way of seeing things along with everything else that we told you. It just seems like no matter what anybody said it wasn't good enough after Overlander pointed out a copy of panda's post as a thanks. You then later stated that not everybody has Facebook, the thing is you do and your thanks was there waiting for you around 4:30. The thing I'm struggling with is, does the proper thank you really mean that much? If so why did you keep saying you were just doing what any one of us would do. I haven't talked to Rox star since we left a trail. I think the reason why nobody is responding is because its a lose lose situation for any of us and there so many people that were not even there and have no idea what really took place except you, Cindy, Gavin, Ricky, rox star, and myself. I went back to camp and kept telling everybody how amazing you two were and how thankful we were to have you out there. You kept saying it was not really a big deal and you were just doing what we would all do but now it has turned into a huge division. That's where I'm so confused.... what could I have done different to make you feel more deserved and thankful. Maybe rox star gave his best thanks, who's to judge him for that if you were just doing what any of us would have done. I have helped several people on this forum and maybe felt like I didn't get the proper thanks or it was never even mentioned on the forum. I just did it truly because I wanted to help a Jeeper/ member out

Yup... He put it perfectly. I would have and do help anybody out on the trail. And never expect or require a thanks. Simple as that. The fact that we were super appreciative as an entire group, put money together as group to make sure the part was paid for, gave extra because you took time out of your day, and gave you the infamous honey, and then thanked you again, and yet it wasn't enough because it wasn't worded the way you hoped is disappointing.

Sorry I have been sitting on an excavator for the last 12 hours and haven't been posting. I am still here and I'm very thankful for Eddies help. You guys can believe me or not, but I did see how thankful roxstar was for Eddie bringing the part to us. I think everyone has went overboard here. Yes we did have another plan if Eddie hadn't said he would do it, but he said he was happy to, and that he didn't do it for the thanks at all but to help out a fellow jeeper, as I would have done the same for any of you in the situation.

David1tontj

Can you honestly say that was a sincere thank you?

This all started when I called him out for a half ass 'thank you'. Everyone knows Eddie does thing out in the open. You've seen and been in on the threads with guys going off the deep end and have seen Eddies responses. I took a guess on a hunch and I was right.

David, I ask this in all sincerity, why are you here to fight this fight?

Because you seemed to have missed it, I specifically said that a number of people who went on this run thanked me and even called them out by name. I also stated that I didn't do what I did hoping to be thanked - I was just glad that I was available to help out. I also said that had Rox Star said NOTHING AT ALL, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Did Adam start all this for being offended for me? Yeah, he did. Was he wrong about your friend Rox Star? No, unfortunately he wasn't and I do mean "unfortunately". It's kind of sucky to help someone out and then later get a message telling you how "In hindsight, they really should have sent a couple rigs down to Folsom (the closest part store that had a pump, that they could locate) for the part. They, or more specifically, he should have not asked for help outside of their group. They should have taken care of themselves." This wasn't a poorly worded message, it was a BIG THANKS FOR NOTHING! Am I offended by it? Not in the least - just a little disappointed that a guy like this, someone that others would defend as much as they had would actually say something as ungrateful as this. But, as mentioned, I didn't help out for the thanks I might get so, there you have it.

The only reason I was in this, is that what is being portrayed online by people who weren't there is nothing like what I heard actually happened. Yes, I know, I wasn't there either, but some of the people being called out are my close friends.

Yes, I think the ONLINE thank you was a little weak, but I don't know the guy, and apparently for him, that was a big gesture. also- I heard that the in person thank you was supposedly plenty.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Since you seemed to have missed it, I never questioned your gratitude and if anything, I felt that I needed to extend mine to you and I said as much. You point out how I got a FB post from your friend and how I should have seen it but you assume that I spend my life following FB. For those who know me well, they know I hate FB and spend as little time there as possible. Also, you assume that I had been following every moment of the stupidness on this thread. Well, in spite of what you choose to believe, I have a life and was spending it working on my Jeeps. By the time I came in, got cleaned up and started to catch up on my emails (what I normally do before catching up on the forum), I saw the PM I had gotten from your friend and responded. The thing I'm struggling with is how you keep going on and on about what YOU DID and try to make that into what Rox Star did and really, I would be there with you IF he hadn't sent me the big THANKS FOR NOTHING message that he did. That's where I'm so confused. You keep going on and on about how great he is but I just haven't seen it. It's funny how regardless of what I've said, the only thing you can focus on is how I am somehow in the wrong when all I did was tell the TRUTH as to what really happened.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The only reason I was in this, is that what is being portrayed online by people who weren't there is nothing like what I heard actually happened. Yes, I know, I wasn't there either, but some of the people being called out are my close friends.

Yes, I think the ONLINE thank you was a little weak, but I don't know the guy, and apparently for him, that was a big gesture. also- I heard that the in person thank you was supposedly plenty.

The only person that was called out was Rox star. Everyone else got butthurt about it including your buddy clarksadventure.

Who btw has been trolling my PM's since.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup... He put it perfectly. I would have and do help anybody out on the trail. And never expect or require a thanks. Simple as that. The fact that we were super appreciative as an entire group, put money together as group to make sure the part was paid for, gave extra because you took time out of your day, and gave you the infamous honey, and then thanked you again, and yet it wasn't enough because it wasn't worded the way you hoped is disappointing.

LOL!! Worded the way I hoped? It's funny how I don't ever recall ever saying that I wanted or even expected a thank you at all and yet that's what this has become about. Nevermind that your friend chose to send me a message that basically said THANKS FOR NOTHING when he could have said NOTHING AT ALL. You guys are truly amazing.

Lance628

Your worried about whats being portrayed but you are going on here say yourself you yourself are trying to portray something you don't know to be correct

Lance628

LOL!! Worded the way I hoped? It's funny how I don't ever recall ever saying that I wanted or even expected a thank you at all and yet that's what this has become about. Nevermind that your friend chose to send me a message that basically said THANKS FOR NOTHING when he could have said NOTHING AT ALL. You guys are truly amazing.

I can't believe they actually are trying to turn this around on you, you have got to be fucking kidding me

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I have been sitting on an excavator for the last 12 hours and haven't been posting. I am still here and I'm very thankful for Eddies help. You guys can believe me or not, but I did see how thankful roxstar was for Eddie bringing the part to us. I think everyone has went overboard here. Yes we did have another plan if Eddie hadn't said he would do it, but he said he was happy to, and that he didn't do it for the thanks at all but to help out a fellow jeeper, as I would have done the same for any of you in the situation.

Ricky, I hope you can believe me when I say that I have ZERO issues with you and that I was more than happy to help you out. I also hope you can believe me when I say that I trust you if you say that Rox Star was grateful for my help. But, even if he weren't, I wouldn't care. The only thing I have an issue with if anything is what HE chose to say to me, TWICE after the fact and that was basically, he should have taken care of this himself and without my help. Maybe it's just me but that kind of sounds like a big FU. So that it's clear, I let him know as much and that's when he said it again and insinuated that all this was my fault. That I somehow called everyone on the forum to give him grief. I mean, really????

David1tontj

Your worried about whats being portrayed but you are going on here say yourself you yourself are trying to portray something you don't know to be correct

Maybe because they were my close friends who I see regularly, and run trails with who I got my information from, not some idiot in the other side of the country who is just jumping in to have fun.

Top Bottom