Official 2015 Jeep Wrangler Info.....

JAGS

Hooked
So I'm thinking about going to the local dealer and ordering me a 2015 JKU rubicon. I had a 2003 rubicon and miss the hell out of it.... My question is what should I pay? Are there any incentives or discounts at all or do you pay full sticker price? Does anyone have any bargaining recommendations?

Do lots of research on the wrangler model you want and all the possible options. You can get great price info from edmunds and Kelley blue book amongst general web research.

I did all my initial contact/negotiations via the Internet sales manager. I realize sales staff need to make a buck, but let them rob the next customer.

I got my Rubicon for about $500 over invoice.

- Jason

StrizzyChris

Do lots of research on the wrangler model you want and all the possible options. You can get great price info from edmunds and Kelley blue book amongst general web research.

I did all my initial contact/negotiations via the Internet sales manager. I realize sales staff need to make a buck, but let them rob the next customer.

I got my Rubicon for about $500 over invoice.

- Jason

OR.....pay a little bit to join tread lightly (a wildlife conservation and non-profit org) and your membership gets you 1% below invoice without haggleing with anyone. I actually haggled and got my JKUR for aditional below that price.

JAGS

Hooked
OR.....pay a little bit to join tread lightly (a wildlife conservation and non-profit org) and your membership gets you 1% below invoice without haggleing with anyone. I actually haggled and got my JKUR for aditional below that price.

This applies to "factory" invoice and not dealer invoice.

Still a great option and all savings are great when buying such a high ticket item. But you'd be surprised the difference sometimes between factory/dealer invoices.

- Jason

StrizzyChris

The explaination of a dealers build sheet for the OP to review can be found here -> HERE

FFP is what tread lightly will get you without haggle. If you haggle, expect some price between EP and FFP. Unless you know someone, I dont thihnk you'll get EP. Figure out the exact Jeep you want(options, unlimited, sahara, etc.) and have them put together a build sheet. Get a comfortable price in mind that you'll pay, make that offer and if they dont accept it...then walk away. Go to the next dealership[ and re-peat until one says yes. Even one that says no MAY call you back and say yes later when they need a sale.

StrizzyChris

There's nothing better than a brand new Jeep in the driveway! What are the plans, to stay stock for a while or mod right away?

Chaddilac

Sweet looking Jeep tsyrphlame!!!! best of luck! Nice and clean, but its gonna look better with some dirt on it! :rock:

Good luck with your order camping350,................. Longest wait of my life, and I'm still waiting. one more week,......... so they say

Dale_j20

Very happy with my 2015

Mine is a Sahara Unlimited - the new RED - sound system sounds great - Bridgestone & new style factory rims look good. Totaled my 2014 that had just turned over 10000 miles on a Wednesday night - drove off with my 2015 Saturday before noon. After the accident, not my fault - 2014 Nissan Altima turned in front of me, I will have nothing be a Wrangler.

DA RUNT

Mine is a Sahara Unlimited - the new RED - sound system sounds great - Bridgestone & new style factory rims look good. Totaled my 2014 that had just turned over 10000 miles on a Wednesday night - drove off with my 2015 Saturday before noon. After the accident, not my fault - 2014 Nissan Altima turned in front of me, I will have nothing be a Wrangler.

Welcome to WAL, sorry to hear you totaled your 14. but congrats on the 15. Post up some pics when you can.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Went to the dealer today to look at a '15 they had on the lot and to review the options. LOVE the new Alpine stereo. The speaker grill that covers the sub woofer in the floor feels super stout for a speaker grill. And it sounds GREAT. The new tweeters up front and sound bar all sound noticeably better than the standard '14 stereo. Will probably be placing my order this week, next time I make it down to Scottsdale while I'm home. Ordering a Rubicon 4dr, auto trans, tow package, remote start, connectivity group, heated saddle leather seats, Alpine 9 speaker audio package, auto climate control. Sticker is just a hair under $42k. Tread lightly pricing should put it a under $40k. Hoping for under $40k out the door. Now to decide, black or tank? I'm yet to see a tank in person or in pics online. All the '15s at AirPark Jeep that I saw were black or white.

I do have to say. This is the first time I've driven a JK since my '08 Rubi 4dr, and it is light years better. Interior, engine, auto trans, and it sounds quieter as well.

Spartan

Some of the pics in this thread make it look like you can get 15' with the sub still on the side. Does anyone know if that's true?

spicoli

Any stereo guys know how reasonable it would be to build a custom sub box (fiberglass or something so it can fit snugly against interior) and relocate the new sub? I'm thinking the old sub location by rear gate hinge.

I really want the better stereo, but think the sub is in a bad location. 1. I usually carry gear for camping etc that will cover the sub and I won't be able to hear it much. 2. Water/sand etc will get in there. It is the lowest point on the floor, gravity will have its way.

Last edited:

Spartan

Any stereo guys know how reasonable it would be to build a custom sub box (fiberglass or something so it can fit snugly against interior) and relocate the new sub? I'm thinking the old sub location by rear gate hinge.

I really want the better stereo, but think the sub is in a bad location. 1. I usually carry gear for camping etc that will cover the sub and I won't be able to hear it much. 2. Water/sand etc will get in there. It is the lowest point on the floor, gravity will have its way.

I agree a better stereo is always a good thing, but like you I think the sub is in the worst possible spot for people that carry gear or splash in water.

15 Rubicracker

Hello everyone, well this seems like it might be the appropriate place to ask this question. I am supposed to take delivery of my JKU RHR in the next week or so and I am wondering what is the ideal winch for me? It seems the Warn products have a great reputation but are there other brands I should consider and what rating would be appropriate etc... Any input is much appreciated. Thank you kindly!

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Hello everyone, well this seems like might be the appropriate place to ask this question. I am supposed to take delivery of my JKU RHR in the next week or so and I am wondering what is the ideal winch for me? It seems the Warn products have a great reputation but are there other brands I should consider and what rating would be appropriate etc... Any input is much appreciated. Thank you kindly!

I like the made in the USA warn winches. For a loaded up 4 door, I'd say around 9.5 or up.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hello everyone, well this seems like might be the appropriate place to ask this question. I am supposed to take delivery of my JKU RHR in the next week or so and I am wondering what is the ideal winch for me? It seems the Warn products have a great reputation but are there other brands I should consider and what rating would be appropriate etc... Any input is much appreciated. Thank you kindly!

Welcome to Wayalife!

Fully built up JKU's can get pretty heavy. I personally wouldn't go below something with a 9,500 lb rating. Be mindful of your bumper choice because some of the new Warn winches do not fit in all bumpers. If you have the money, buy a Warn. Having a winch not work when you need it to is high on the list of things that suck. If you air down to wheel (which you should), you might want to consider killing two birds with one stone by getting a Warn Powerplant.

Top Bottom