Offroad Evolution shop thread!

BlackKnight

the EVO MFG bolt-on sliders will not be an option any time soon, with no developement plans in the near future. However, the standard EVO MFG sliders (weld on) can be ordered with a custom "step" option. Same slider / Different angle.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

:bummed::bummed::bummed::bummed::bummed::gaah:

Oh well, I'll have to order the weld on ones with the angle option and make a plate to bring it down to the edge of the frame to "boat side" them. Anything on the D ring question?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
:bummed::bummed::bummed::bummed::bummed::gaah:

Oh well, I'll have to order the weld on ones with the angle option and make a plate to bring it down to the edge of the frame to "boat side" them. Anything on the D ring question?

you will love the custom angle sliders. i have them and they are great. i got them for the different look and also cause my GF needs the extra step up into the jeep.

for the D rings its a really really simple install and straight forward. they should come with instructions on how to install

BlackKnight

you will love the custom angle sliders. i have them and they are great. i got them for the different look and also cause my GF needs the extra step up into the jeep.

for the D rings its a really really simple install and straight forward. they should come with instructions on how to install

Cool, thx. Any pics of the angled sliders anywhere?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384811409.538411.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384811409.538411.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 506
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384660338.597311.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384660338.597311.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 503
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384660327.558826.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384660327.558826.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 503
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379098889.601529.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379098889.601529.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 498
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379098874.121748.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379098874.121748.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 500

BlackKnight

when you order thru ORE's website, after you hit checkout, go to the additional info box and just request the custom angle.

I knew that box was there for more than just sayin Hi, ROFLOL. I used it for just that on Monday when I ordered my facia and d Rings LOL :cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is too bad.... The step isn't what was making me want these it was the bolt on aspect. I love your other sliders but I am uncomfortable welding them on. Not because of the welding, but because I want the ability to remove them and treat rust spots on the slider and frame.

Myself and others have painted the sliders while on the jeep. Just because they are weld on doesn't mean you can't paint them.

You can touch up the top but you can't touch up the back side (side closest to the jeep) but you shouldn't have to. If it's not getting used the paint won't chip.

Key work there "shouldn't". I agree with you, but my experience with steel aftermarket parts and my winter salted roads has proven otherwise. It doesn't take much of a defect to start the cancer. It's fairly feasible to have a small rock or branch get kicked up in there and scratch the paint... Hell, I had to remove and repaint my stock rubi sliders because of rust starting on the Jeep side from small rocks getting in the crack and scratching the paint.

... sometimes I hate Ohio :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Key work there "shouldn't". I agree with you, but my experience with steel aftermarket parts and my winter salted roads has proven otherwise. It doesn't take much of a defect to start the cancer. It's fairly feasible to have a small rock or branch get kicked up in there and scratch the paint... Hell, I had to remove and repaint my stock rubi sliders because of rust starting on the Jeep side from small rocks getting in the crack and scratching the paint.

... sometimes I hate Ohio :yup:

Rocks got into my rubi sliders as well. These don't sit right up against the body. But these probably aren't the ones for you if you are that worried about it. Go with LOD.

Rocks got into my rubi sliders as well. These don't sit right up against the body. But these probably aren't the ones for you if you are that worried about it. Go with LOD.

:thumb: Been looking at them, I just prefered the EVO and hoped for the bolt on ones to come to fruition.

you said you wanted a step right jay? why not the custom angle sliders then if you like the EVO over the LOD? that way you can still touch up the top section if it rusts

Because I'm a picky little bitch! :D I don't really want a step but rather a place to stand.... I know, I know... What's the difference? Well, I want something that is tight to the body like the normal EVO sliders where I can use the door jam in conjunction with the slider to stand.

I've even considered the PSC rocker knockers but I know they are prone to damage and not built as well as the EVO ones. Their new bolt on variant sits lower than the old body mounted design so it's out too. (Plus I don't think it's any stronger, just different.)

Honestly, the normal EVO slider is almost perfect and I actually like it more than the bolt on prototype, I'm just scared to commit with welding it on. I think this is largely my issue. I know you guys get the same weather and roads I do and you are making them work...

Rusty

If you want the paint on the back side to hold, you need to get them sandblasted when they come from EVO, than Zinc Primered than a proper powder coat. This is what I do with all my metal parts, and no rust except in the area's that get scratched, the rust wont spread and it literally stops at the paint line. So just clean it up and seal it with rattle can afterwards. I live north of Montreal, and we get a crap load of salt on our roads.

Top Bottom