Overlanding Gear

WJCO

Meme King
The thing you have remember with multiple panels though is that you lose a lot of efficiency in the connections and wiring. So, four Nomad 20's joined together may only get you 40 watts on a good day.

Good info to know.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well, I decided to give the Exped Megamat 10 LWX a shot. I found a place online with a discount coupon and saved about $40.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455946240.493629.jpg

Very excited to give this thing a shot. At 4" thick it should be comfortable...even for a big guy like me.

TheFett

Ok so I've been looking and I cannot seem to understand this. I have an 80lb GSD that loves going on the camping outings and rides with the family. I want a rear drawer kit for storage and usage for daily activities and the weekend excursions.

I need the flat top so the dog can ride when she's in the back going with us, I want two roller drawers and really like the ARB setup they have. That being said I've looked at ARB site and more confused than ever. So my ideal setup would be 2 drawers, with 2 flat tops that slide out so when the dog isn't with us I can mount the fridge and utilize it that way by sliding out.

I've looked and it doesn't seem any website I go to that they sell this kit setup this way? I see the single drawer with the top slide, the 2 drawers but no top slide. Is it possible? Where has anyone seen this to purchase?

Does anyone have another suggestion something other than the ARB that would suit my ideal situation?

Thanks as always guys/gals

Last edited:
Well, I decided to give the Exped Megamat 10 LWX a shot. I found a place online with a discount coupon and saved about $40.

View attachment 191768

Very excited to give this thing a shot. At 4" thick it should be comfortable...even for a big guy like me.

Have you been able to use it yet? Tried it out yesterday at an REI just for kicks and it was super comfy.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Ok so I've been looking and I cannot seem to understand this. I have an 80lb GSD that loves going on the camping outings and rides with the family. I want a rear drawer kit for storage and usage for daily activities and the weekend excursions.

I need the flat top so the dog can ride when she's in the back going with us, I want two roller drawers and really like the ARB setup they have. That being said I've looked at ARB site and more confused than ever. So my ideal setup would be 2 drawers, with 2 flat tops that slide out so when the dog isn't with us I can mount the fridge and utilize it that way by sliding out.

I've looked and it doesn't seem any website I go to that they sell this kit setup this way? I see the single drawer with the top slide, the 2 drawers but no top slide. Is it possible? Where has anyone seen this to purchase?

Does anyone have another suggestion something other than the ARB that would suit my ideal situation?

Thanks as always guys/gals

Yes it is possible. I understand what you mean about lack of info on the interwebs and it wasn't until I got in touch with ARB directly that a lot became a lot more clear and they definitely provided excellent CS for me. One word of warning, I have the 50qt (I think, ...can't remember for sure) and while it fits on top of my single full width drawer, the drawer slide doesn't really become that effective. Honestly we've never used the slide because when you do, the lid hits either the hard top or soft top if up and really limits the amount you can open the lid. If you don't open the slide, it does make it more of a reach in, but you can get the lid to open much more.

With that being said, we do very much like both the fridge and the drawer and wouldn't have the jeep without either.

TheFett

Yes it is possible. I understand what you mean about lack of info on the interwebs and it wasn't until I got in touch with ARB directly that a lot became a lot more clear and they definitely provided excellent CS for me. One word of warning, I have the 50qt (I think, ...can't remember for sure) and while it fits on top of my single full width drawer, the drawer slide doesn't really become that effective. Honestly we've never used the slide because when you do, the lid hits either the hard top or soft top if up and really limits the amount you can open the lid. If you don't open the slide, it does make it more of a reach in, but you can get the lid to open much more.

With that being said, we do very much like both the fridge and the drawer and wouldn't have the jeep without either.

Thx for the info. I have Buddy at ARB's number but I figured with Jeep Beach just over a week away I'd wait and talk to someone up there and possible buy at the event at the track on Saturday. Just wish the online info was a little bit easier to understand the whole process, but then again guess its better to talk to someone directly and gain a far better understanding of the product. Thx again though for the input, now I'm second guessing the need for the top or floor slides since you mentioned the idea of the cooler, see never thought about all that.....lol

MTG

Caught the Bug
Picked up some new binos.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461420573.851049.jpg

Never owned anything but some cheap small ones before. Wow!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nice! I've looked at those before. Nice glass.

Yeah, super happy. These are probably still "cheap" to some. But compared them to some Zeiss ones that were double the price and really couldn't tell the difference. Even the salesperson said you are simply paying for the name with the others. And there was no way I was paying $2-3K for the swarovski glass. :eek:

GraniteCrystal

Yeah, super happy. These are probably still "cheap" to some. But compared them to some Zeiss ones that were double the price and really couldn't tell the difference. Even the salesperson said you are simply paying for the name with the others. And there was no way I was paying $2-3K for the swarovski glass. :eek:

Yeah, it's not worth it. Vortex is awesome product at a much more approachable price.

TINMAN367

Here's BFP849's rack again for reference on height to an ARB fridge:

View attachment 104263

View attachment 104264

This slide out burner setup is pretty cool:
View attachment 104265

Does anyone know who makes this slide out drawer on the floor? I think the shelf above is custom, but not sure. I really like the slide-out though!
View attachment 104266

View attachment 104267

View attachment 104268

View attachment 104269

View attachment 104270

I like the idea of having a full kitchen setup out of the back of your rig. I also like that full slide out floor allowing for access to the storage on the floor for those of us that still have the sub taking up space on the side.

TINMAN367

View attachment 128499
Initial impressions:

A little bigger than I expected.
Well built.
Very comfortable. Probably more so than I thought it was going to be.

My wife and I found these camp chairs at REI which are very similar however the base has been rotated 90 degrees as it was found to have better stability for those that like to lean back in your chair. These chairs are well built as you said and work well in most situations, I say most because the like to sink in the sand but that is understandable.

https://www.rei.com/product/877258/rei-flex-lite-chair

Top Bottom