PROJKURs build of Falkor

PROJKUR

As Mike already posted, HF this past weekend. Awesome trip and awesome weather! Super last minute but things worked out. Packed light and boy is it nice to bring a lot of extra crap!!

Obligatory waterfall shot

IMG_1507.JPG

Cooper is good for at least +20 HP

IMG_1514.JPG

Here's Mike working up a loose sandy ledge. Very interesting wheeling in those conditions. It took a little to be comfortable giving a little more throttle and bumping up some of the ledges. Way different that the rocks!

IMG_1516.JPG
IMG_1519.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG

Head on shot of the waterfall. I don't think it's possible to get up it with only 3-4" lift and 37's. Anyone accept that challenge?

IMG_1521.JPG

Here's Mike giving it his best shot! (Warning crappy pics, user error)

IMG_1522.JPG
IMG_1523.JPG

Dog tax.

IMG_1525.JPG

At the top for lunch. Awesome day for sure. FM TRO is a great trail and needs to run in the AM as far I am concerned. Wouldn't want to run that narrow of a trail if you run out of daylight!

IMG_1526.JPG
IMG_1527.JPG

Ok one more dog pic for good measure...

IMG_1530.JPG

With better planning we should definitely get more people next time! So much fun and still some trails I haven't run!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Did someone say challenge?! [emoji137]��*♂️

i know there is a tree, but to the right is where you wanna go if you wanna get up. :thumb:

Edit: I was looking for your meme... I cant find it on my work PC for some reason. :cheesy:

Last edited:

PROJKUR

I still have yet to do that damned FM TRO. Ill keep that in mind for next time [emoji6]

Yes it's a blast. A must do for sure. And that line on the right... I had Mike lined up but we could not get anywhere near enough traction to bump up. The more throttle we had the harder we slammed into the belly. I think the only way is with substantially less water. It was pretty high!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Last edited:

PROJKUR

Last 2 trips to HF have resulted in some night wheeling adventures... stock headlights have to go! The shadow cast in front of me with someone behind me was too much to handle. Truck-lights are on the way! Going in this weekend. Almost splurged for the rigid fogs too but those will have to wait.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Last 2 trips to HF have resulted in some night wheeling adventures... stock headlights have to go! The shadow cast in front of me with someone behind me was too much to handle. Truck-lights are on the way! Going in this weekend. Almost splurged for the rigid fogs too but those will have to wait.

If you're talking about the Rigid SAE fogs, I'll give you a heads up. I have them mounted in the same PS bumper you have and because they're set so deep in there, the bumper actually causes the light to bounce out higher than it would if the lights were more exposed. I get flashed if I try using them on the road because the light is right in people's faces. Just wanted to let you know.

PROJKUR

If you're talking about the Rigid SAE fogs, I'll give you a heads up. I have them mounted in the same PS bumper you have and because they're set so deep in there, the bumper actually causes the light to bounce out higher than it would if the lights were more exposed. I get flashed if I try using them on the road because the light is right in people's faces. Just wanted to let you know.

Awesome thanks for the heads up! Definitely something to think about. Have you come up with an alternative to it?

I run my fogs almost all the time now just due to the fact my headlights are so dim. I guess I wouldn't have to run them with the TLs!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Awesome thanks for the heads up! Definitely something to think about. Have you come up with an alternative to it?

I run my fogs almost all the time now just due to the fact my headlights are so dim. I guess I wouldn't have to run them with the TLs!

have you looked at the JW speaker 4145J's??

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-off-road-fog-lights-for-jeeps-model-6145-j/

I have these fogs, and they are AWESOME. they mount just like OEM, built in PWM, Stupid bright (in a good way) and install is super easy. snip off the factory connector and solder on the new one, plug it in, done! :thumb:

EDIT:

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

One thought I had was to paint the inside of the fog housing with a flat black that wouldn't reflect the light as much. I'm afraid you'll probably have this issue regardless of the brand you decide to go with.

I have the TLs too and I really don't have the same need to run fogs all the time like I did before. I did it more because the factory fogs looked like crap once I had the TLs in and wanted all the lights to match.

PROJKUR

have you looked at the JW speaker 4145J's??

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-off-road-fog-lights-for-jeeps-model-6145-j/

I have these fogs, and they are AWESOME. they mount just like OEM, built in PWM, Stupid bright (in a good way) and install is super easy. snip off the factory connector and solder on the new one, plug it in, done! :thumb:

EDIT:

I will definitely look into those. Thought about the rigid merely because TL bought them. You know, matchy matchy. But those do look good. In due time I will get some fogs but for now the headlights should do just fine!

AdrockTT

Man I want to come out with you guys next time! HF looks like a blast. I'm thinking I may go out March 11th...

Top Bottom