Rock Hard 4x4 JK Sport Cage Installation Write-Up

JES

I just moved it over to the right towards the sun visor on the same piece of trim. When I notched the trim piece to fit the cage, the cut passed right through the factory cutout for the mic. I can snag a picture tomorrow in the light if you would like and post it up.

CCTX50

Are any of you that have hard tops having to trim you freedom panels where the top cross bar knuckles are? If so can you post pics?

Also, I just watched the Rock Hard install video and it shows that they trimmed the dash. Is this something you guys have had to do?

Don't mind doing it but would rather not if not needed.

Last edited:
Are any of you that have hard tops having to trim you freedom panels where the top cross bar knuckles are? If so can you post pics?

Also, I just watched the Rock Hard install video and it shows that they trimmed the dash. Is this something you guys have had to do?

I didn't have to trim the hard top nor the dash. I do know of some people that have to though.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

I didn't have to trim my dash but I have a '13. I did have to trim my hard top panels a bit. You can see the photos I posted in my thread here:

http://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=402100

jkbarnett

I had to trim my hardtop on my 12'
You could see where it was rubbing on the bottom side of the hardtop. Took a dremel and shaved a little at a time until there was no more contact.

colo dean

I wished they had this earlier. Finally got my cage all installed. Biggest problem I had was the 3 holes in the A post. When the side plates were hung, the edge with the holes in it did not hang straight up and down (didn't see that to begin with). There was a slight angle that caused the problems. Had to message the holes a bit to get everything to line up. Still need to trim the plastic as I want to re-install them. Hoping to pull it out next week and send to powder coat. Only issue so far was the wife went to get in on the passenger side and managed to knock her head into the grab handle. Left a nice goose egg for a day or two. Now she makes sure to grab the handle when getting in so we don't have a repeat. Will post up photos once its back from powder coat. Going to have it coated granny smith green w/clear to match my sliders.

bkac

Caught the Bug
That's fun, I actually watched that video last night and thought to myself what a great video. Thinking about installing one really soon.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424633877.741045.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424633991.494763.jpg

Just finished this little project after dancing around the cold weather. I thought it turned out really nice. How do you all like the color? My jeep is black.

big dr

Jeff''
Is that Anthracite? I did My cross bars in the same color. It matches the vent rings pretty good and is a nice contrast to my black uprights and center bar.

Colo Dean,,,
What happened to the pics of the candy green we were promised??

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I'm not sure of the exact color. the guy that painted it said it was a jeep color. I assumed it was one of the colors you could get from factory. I like yours a lot. Do you paint your yourself?

CCTX50

Looking really nice. I am hoping to get my cage back from powder coating tomorrow and get it installed ASAP. I will post up pictures when install is complete. I have a white JK with black interior. I decided to go with white paint to contrast. I hope that it turns out the way I pictured it.

Top Bottom