Rock Lights - Walmart Platinum Burner Installation Write-Up

Bootman83

This is a great write up id like to do soon. I dont want to sound like a DA but where is the grill support and substructure? Could someone point this out on a picture just so I know where I'm starting? Thanks.

MTG

Caught the Bug
This is a great write up id like to do soon. I dont want to sound like a DA but where is the grill support and substructure? Could someone point this out on a picture just so I know where I'm starting? Thanks.

Look at picture #5. It's the bolt he is mounting the bracket to.

While at it. Where would the install go for the rear?

Wayoflife installed one light in the back using the bolt where the parking brake lines mount (center of the jeep on the tub), but also has two lights mounted in the middle along the frame/slider. I mounted one light on each side in the back, drilling into the frame, and pointing forward towards the wheels.

Bootman83

Look at picture #5. It's the bolt he is mounting the bracket to.

Wayoflife installed one light in the back using the bolt where the parking brake lines mount (center of the jeep on the tub), but also has two lights mounted in the middle along the frame/slider. I mounted one light on each side in the back, drilling into the frame, and pointing forward towards the wheels.

Ok. I got where to mount the rear lights. Thanks!

I've looked at these pictures about 100 times before posting, haha. I just need to see it not so close up I think. All I see are wires and a bolt. It's not you guys or the pics. They r of course great. It's me being the new guy! Haha.

NAUJK

For those of you running these lights for the rear wheels too... Where did you mount them??

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Use the evap skid to mount them on a 2 door. You just have to widen the hole of the light mount for it to fit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1369622181.888846.jpg

I can run out and grab some pics of the mount if you need it.

NAUJK

Use the evap skid to mount them on a 2 door. You just have to widen the hole of the light mount for it to fit.

View attachment 31948

I can run out and grab some pics of the mount if you need it.

Sure if you are willing, that would be great sir! I got them mounted but I am not sure If I like how it will look Ill have to see it after its dark.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone do this to a TJ? I wanna do this to Mine

Never really thought about it back when I had a TJ but, I don't see any reason why you couldn't. In some ways, you might find that you have more options to locate one. I would just pick up a set and get em installed :yup: Oh, and be sure to post up pics :D

Top Bottom