Rock Lights - Walmart Platinum Burner Installation Write-Up

JK's JK

Banned
I've been thinking about trail lights for some time now. Thank you Eddie for a great suggestion.

Wonder if the casing is Chrome :thinking:

I've been thinking about trail lights for some time now. Thank you Eddie for a great suggestion.

Wonder if the casing is Chrome :thinking:

I ran the Walmart lights for awhile but have recently switched to LED's. Here is a what I am running now if you're looking for other possiblities. They are called Eagle Eye's they are basically a bolt with a nut and and LED as the head. I've been pretty impressed with them but the Walmart lights worked well too. The reason I switched, besides for green :), was they Walmart lights get really really hot and started to yellow.

Product on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6X-3W-Eagle...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ec0ac15f&vxp=mtr

Comparision (Walmart Lights on left and LED's on right)
photo-2.jpg

Here is a combo of front and rear together. They are brighter at night this was in my garage during the day.
photo.jpg

Here is a pic of my home made mount and two of the LED's mounted.
mount.jpg

Last edited:

JKFlyer

I ran the Walmart lights for awhile but have recently switched to LED's. Here is a what I am running now if you're looking for other possiblities. They are called Eagle Eye's they are basically a bolt with a nut and and LED as the head. I've been pretty impressed with them but the Walmart lights worked well too. The reason I switched, besides for green :), was they Walmart lights get really really hot and started to yellow.

Product on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6X-3W-Eagle...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ec0ac15f&vxp=mtr

View attachment 80424

Here is a combo of front and rear together. They are brighter at night this was in my garage during the day.
View attachment 80425

Looks great. Is that just fine led doing all the green in the comparison pic?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK's JK

Banned

Product on ebay:

View attachment 80424

View attachment 80425

Here is a pic of my home made mount and two of the LED's mounted.
View attachment 80430

I personally don't know if I could hang with the green tint light. They would consume less amps than the bulbs but the green. I'd have to see them in person to get a good idea. I'm sure in the near future we'll be meeting up.

I personally don't know if I could hang with the green tint light. They would consume less amps than the bulbs but the green. I'd have to see them in person to get a good idea. I'm sure in the near future we'll be meeting up.

They make white, amber, red, etc...I am getting the white for backup lights to replace my Walmart ones as well.

Well......10 for 15. Can't beat that. That link that you posted are the green tint?

No the link I posted was white. I would just go to eBay and search for "eagle eye led" and see what else you find. I know they make TONS of different kinds. Or if you want tell me what you're interested in and I'll do some looking for ya. I need to find white and amber for my wife's rig :yup: I just wanted to offer another idea that was cheap and easy like the Walmart lights.

JK's JK

Banned
No the link I posted was white. I would just go to eBay and search for "eagle eye led" and see what else you find. I know they make TONS of different kinds. Or if you want tell me what you're interested in and I'll do some looking for ya. I need to find white and amber for my wife's rig :yup: I just wanted to offer another idea that was cheap and easy like the Walmart lights.

Naaa. If your going to buy some and plan to test them out then let me know how they come out. I've got this thread on my favorites now and I'll keep a eye out for your updated postings.

Naaa. If your going to buy some and plan to test them out then let me know how they come out. I've got this thread on my favorites now and I'll keep a eye out for your updated postings.

Well the pics I uploaded are my rig or you talking about testing other colors? I will be ordering white for backup lights and amber for my wife's JK. I will send you photos of them when they are done :thumb:

JK's JK

Banned
Well the pics I uploaded are my rig or you talking about testing other colors? I will be ordering white for backup lights and amber for my wife's JK. I will send you photos of them when they are done :thumb:

Yeah I'm talking about the wife's white back up lights. I'll await your response :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you ever wire up the leds yet? I need to replace my front lights and was thinking about just replacing all four with the led platinum burners.

Sorry for not responding sooner. Yes, I did install them and they work well enough - not anywhere as bright as the standard Platinum Burners but, enough to get the job done.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sorry for not responding sooner. Yes, I did install them and they work well enough - not anywhere as bright as the standard Platinum Burners but, enough to get the job done.

Hmmm ok maybe I'll return them and just get the regular platinum burners.

Top Bottom