Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

GCM 2

With a starting price of $5,200.....

man that's a lot of coin for a tent. At least with a trailer, you can leave it behind for really hard trails and still have the no top on the jeep option. By the way, the Tentrax trailer that just sold on the other thread on here was badass. Like MTG, I was glad that thing sold, I don't need another item on my jeep "want" list :icon_crazy:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
GCM 2 said:
man that's a lot of coin for a tent. At least with a trailer, you can leave it behind for really hard trails and still have the no top on the jeep option....:icon_crazy:

I agree. A trailer makes a nice base camp too. Kinda sucks to have to pack up your camp (your roof) just to go explore for the day.

kaptkrappy

I know it doesn't have a snorkel (yet), but I thought this guy was a candidate for the thread.

Interesting fender paint treatment too.

Red Flares 2.jpg

Hightower

I would rock that JK :rock: I like the red thing on its hood, I don't know what it's for, but I need one!

LOL:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: Stop making fun of my new rig if you don't believe look at my signature licences plate :cheesy:

Last edited:

ichthus

At least he didn't install the pocket flares with those stock tires.... Got a Detonator Yellow JKU around my area with body-matched pocket flares, roof rack, and otherwise stock. Been that way for 3 or 4 years

kaptkrappy

I would rock that JK :rock: I like the red thing on its hood, I don't know what it's for, but I need one!

That's funny, I think it is a "Red Rock" hood ornament. Or a new style snorkel !

I never noticed it the day I took this picture. I went back the next day (it was at my dealership), but it was gone.

Red Flares 3.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
clarsen said:
LOL:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: Stop making fun of my new rig if you don't believe look at my signature licences plate :cheesy:

I almost laughed out loud at a meeting at this one. :cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
This thread needs a bump.

Saw this little guy creeping up behind me today.

Roof rack? Check
Over the spare rack? Check
Bike rack? Check
Snorkel? Fail

Oh so close...

image-921735543.jpg

GCM 2

MTG said:
This thread needs a bump.

Saw this little guy creeping up behind me today.

Roof rack? Check
Over the spare rack? Check
Bike rack? Check
Snorkel? Fail

Oh so close...

so imagine that set up on one of our JK's during last weeks JKX in the terrain we wheeled in..... Crazy.

MTG

Caught the Bug
GCM 2 said:
so imagine that set up on one of our JK's during last weeks JKX in the terrain we wheeled in..... Crazy.

Yeah he would have suffered serious roof damage at best. How many tops got damaged as is was? Three or four right? Not to mention what the higher COG would have done on the muddy off camber stuff. Good times! LOL!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I use my roof rack for tons of stuff that wont fit in the JKU when I have the wife and kid with me! I won't have a tent up there though for sure! I like to camp lol.

I can actually pull the rack off when I need/want to reduce the overall weight.

I've never seen the use in a snorkel! If I want to snorkel I'll go to Cozumel! :cheesy:

Attachments

• IMG_2106.jpg
    IMG_2106.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2107.jpg
    IMG_2107.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 91
Top Bottom