Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

rinkishjk

It is! The Oscar Meyer weiner mobile! Years ago when I worked for a towing Co, I had to goto nabisco for a secret job.. I had to move this car! Not sure if it's the same one, but they wouldn't let me take pics, and the next day one of the ny giants drove it on a tv show here... They took a pic for me and sent me it... I gotta find it..!

rinkishjk

Found em! I just relived Alot of past looking though pics for these!
Sorry if I derailed this thread.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121023_165651.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121023_165651.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 110
  • ForumRunner_20121023_165707.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121023_165707.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 111
  • ForumRunner_20121023_165722.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121023_165722.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 114
  • ForumRunner_20121023_165739.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121023_165739.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: no way, i've seen a lot of weiner mobile's but never seen that one made from a mini - too cool :clap2:

MTG

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
:cheesy: no way, i've seen a lot of weiner mobile's but never seen that one made from a mini - too cool :clap2:

It's like the vienna sausage of the weiner mobile world. :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
so check it out, i was looking through some old write-ups and came across this crusty pic. minus a snorkel, i think our old TJ would have fit the "overland" build pretty well :yup:

DSC03698.jpg

only thing is, we were never trying to build an "overland" jeep - just one that was the best we could make and still carry our family, dog and camping gear just like now. :cool:

Prime8

wayoflife said:
so check it out, i was looking through some old write-ups and came across this crusty pic. minus a snorkel, i think our old TJ would have fit the "overland" build pretty well :yup:

only thing is, we were never trying to build an "overland" jeep - just one that was the best we could make and still carry our family, dog and camping gear just like now. :cool:

Yeah right, Overlander!!! There can only be one Overlander!

biggy

I just spent an hour or more reading this thread start to finish. A lot of good arguments and even better, a lot of good laughs.:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just spent an hour or more reading this thread start to finish. A lot of good arguments and even better, a lot of good laughs.:thumb:

:cheesy: And it's back!! :shock:

Glad that you got a lot of good laughs out of this because that's what it really what all this should be about - have a good time. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Even though my username is Overlander I really have no clue what it is. It sounded cool and at the time I joined here I was reading a lot about travel across the US and Canada.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Even though my username is Overlander I really have no clue what it is. It sounded cool and at the time I joined here I was reading a lot about travel across the US and Canada.

LOL!! There's nothing wrong with your name and there's really nothing to explain. This thread wasn't started to make fun of anyone but rather, to laugh at the idea that Jeeps like mine are made only to rock crawl and by virtue of it, are somehow inferior to those that are supposedly "purpose built" to do anything but.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LOL!! There's nothing wrong with your name and there's really nothing to explain. This thread wasn't started to make fun of anyone but rather, to laugh at the idea that Jeeps like mine are made only to rock crawl and by virtue of it, are somehow inferior to those that are supposedly "purpose built" to do anything but.

I need to read the rest of the thread and get a good laugh. But Maybe I will wait until after I drink my coffee.:yup:

TwtPunk08JK

I need to read the rest of the thread and get a good laugh. But Maybe I will wait until after I drink my coffee.:yup:

Just found the thread I'm going to read at work tomorrow. Between e-mails and people asking me dumb questions, this should keep me entertained for most of the day!

biggy

:cheesy: And it's back!! :shock:

Glad that you got a lot of good laughs out of this because that's what it really what all this should be about - have a good time. :yup:

Its also refreshing to see a thread that could resort to name calling and such not get that way. Everyone stayed civil even though their was some good old ribbing going on. You see so many threads on other forums just get stupid for lack of a better term. Hope it stays that way.:yup::clap2::clap2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In a way, I'm kinda glad that this thread came back to life as it was in fact a lot of fun. Fortunately, most everyone here has done well to check their egos at the door and, are mature enough to not take life too seriously. :yup:

GCM 2

Since the thread has come back from the dead, I will post some shots of a couple of the work vehicles we have for training purposes. These Land Rover 110's are the really the pinnacle of an "overlanding" vehicle. Sorry, but we don't rock the roof rack and snorkel theme on these :(

Attachments

• image-2981419417.jpg
    image-2981419417.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 103
  • image-353479487.jpg
    image-353479487.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3273204406.jpg
    image-3273204406.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1064709138.jpg
    image-1064709138.jpg