Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

Hightower

A small crane, usually like 10 to 30 ton capacity. But if you think the bus was sketchy, you should see the crane and the condition of it's wire rope......not going anywhere near that lifting operation :crazyeyes:

Amen brother, just think if the cranes are that sketchy think of what the operators are like. People over their aren't really any more religious its just their constantly freaked out by the shit people do, operate or build: omg no, omg are they kidding, omg that's nuts, oh dear god no, ( if he's Christian) Jesus Christ no, Christ that's crazy (plural) Christ their crazy

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Hightower

Not one overpass or underpass in the entire place. There are a few tunnels in the north and east :icon_crazy:

Greg's right but he forgot to mention the popularity of the highway speed bump? ;-(

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Last weekend at the OHV park here in TX I actually had another Jeeper ask me if I used my Jeep for overlanding... He couldn't understand why I laughed out loud at his question. :blush:

I said "Yeah I'm overlanding right now.":crazyeyes:

:cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
There is truly only one way to know you are overland. It must be documented. So I snapped these two angles from the drivers seat today. Not much more overland than this. :cheesy: 😂😂👍

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375511618.347389.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375511635.621404.jpg

Chairokey

I found this little gem about 50 miles into some hard core mining trails, just a few miles south of mt. McKinley. I had to cross more than a few water crossings that made me pucker up a little. Would have been great to see this guy get through lol. Can't see it in the pic but also had handicap tags.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375679900.442866.jpg

Skid_Kid

Now this!! This is what I call the ultimate overlander!! When you're in a place like Afghanistan and are worried about whether or not your rig will be able to make it across the hostile terrain, just hitch a ride on top of a bus...

View attachment 41432

:thumb:

Wow! I saw some crazy crap over there with their vehicles, but that is a first. Wonder how they got them up there and how they intended to get them down?

Sent from my PRC-119

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well, it's official. Boise, Idaho also has a Jeep destination.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378869375.181155.jpg

Almost wrecked my craptastic rental car snapping a pic a 75 mph.

Beyrgut

Forget the snorkel, what happens when he hits a rock or small iceberg? He is practically rubbing the fenders stationary. Oh, whats with the cooler, is it there to keep his food warm?

Holeshot

Banned
If you look at the snorkel, it is full of packed snow up to the top. It has the same purpose than if they were driving in dust, getting fresh air. Snow do make a lot of powder. I am working as a mecanical in a dealership and we have a lot of pick up trucks working in timberlands, and when they hit a road covered in like a foot of snow, they pack up the air filter and stay stuck. Would like to see an F150 with a snorkel :brows:

Top Bottom